Citibank confusion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by poobybear, Aug 2, 2001.

1. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

My fiance applied online about 3 weeks ago for the Citibank platinum select dividend card, but when he called Citibank one week ago, they told him the application did not go through (it didn't show up in the system) and to apply again. He did - and when he did he also did a balance transfer with a higher credit limit of 3500. Today he got 2 Citibank dividend cards in the mail - one for 2500 and the other for 3500, and they both have different account numbers. What gives?

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

This worked out nicely for him, actually. You can call and ask to combine the cards into one with the credit limits added together for an end result of one card with a $6,000. I wouldn't mention the mistake they made though, just ask for the combining of two accounts/cards.

3. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Mist -

You are right. He already has a student platinum select, and he was originally going to combine that one with his new cards. That one has a limit of 1300. If it is possible, he may be able to combine them to have one with 7300 limit. I will tell him not to mention that it was a mistake on their part when he calls. I am curious to see if they pulled his report twice.

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

If they did he might be able to get them to do a 'courtesy' deletion of the second inquiry. Amex has done this for someone who posts here.