Citibank CRA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Darrell, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Hi friends. Anyone know what CRA Citibank checks with for its preapproved Platinum offers?

I was unhappy to learn today that a five-year-old utility account that had some disputed delinquencies resurfaced on my TransUnion report. It had been deleted in November after I disputed it.

I'm concerned about this because I just sent in a preapproved application for the Citibank/Quicken Platinum card. It was an actual preapproved application that required only that I state my income and Social Security number.

My records at Experian and Equifax are perfect. That this utility entry on TransUnion has resurfaced has me concerned I've wasted an inquiry.

Thanks for your replies.

Darrell

2. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

RE: Citibank CRA - Experian

My experience says Experian.

3. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Thanks, Barry. I noticed Experian was listed on your site. Guess I was hoping to get input from some folks who might have filled out applications lately and compared them to their credit reports to determine the agency from which Citibank drew the report.

This occasionally changes, as you know.

Keep up the good work.

4. T

T Guest

I applied in late June and they pulled it from Experian. I live in california.

5. Tom

Tom Guest

I applied Citibank last month and they pulled TU.I live in New York.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I live in California and citibank pulled trans union on my application for this card.

7. David

David Well-Known Member

I live in Indiana, and CitiBank pulled TransUnion.

8. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Thanks to all who responded. I'm really concerned now. I'm from Pennsylvania, where TU is big. If they pull my TU report with that alleged delinquency on it I've just wasted an inquiry.

Funny, I've gotten about 10 preapproved offers from Citibank in the past two or three months. I finally decided to take advantage of one that offers a 13.4% APR to replace my Wells Fargo card at 18.4%.

I'm ticked at TU for allowing this alleged delinquency to reappear on my report. The creditor told me today that it instructed TU in November to delete this account, and now it has reappeared.

9. kim

kim Well-Known Member

Reappearing after Deletion

I'm almost certain that I read somewhere that the CRA is suppose to notify the consumer when a disputed item has been placed back on the credit report. You might want to check that out.

10. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: Reappearing after Deletion

I think you should quickly call TU & dispute the item again. I also think that the creditor should call TU & clear this up as well. I could be wrong, but I believe that the creditor sends a tape to each CRA on a regular basis. It could be that the creditor has not corrected their files, thus sending the information to TU again. Good luck!