citibank denial

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bgolden, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Bgolden

Bgolden Guest

I applied for the click citibank AAdvantage mastercard and they denied me. I called and talked to a rep. So I dont know how all of yall are doing this. I have 1 collection from 5 years ago on the report they pulled and several good accounts. But still no such luck. : ( I'm very sad.

2. John Debto

John Debto Guest

How much is the collection account? and from whom?

3. Pat

Pat Guest

are you already an American Airlines frequent flier??

I am, and had >20K miles (ie a lot of flights on American) when I applied.

I had an Amex charge off in '95 and just paid Citibank off in August via credit counseling and they approved me.

Maybe they have different standards if you are a regular American customer.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

You're not the only one. I applied on Friday the 13th and got the "your appl. has been rcv'd. and you'll be notified" answer. I called today. The rep. gave me my reference # and then told me a letter was sent on the 14th. It was to let me know I was declined. The reason was a chapter 13 bk. filed last year. The catch is I didn't go through with it.It was dismissed. She said if I can get it off my report, then I could get the card.
    She also said any bk. less than 7 years old would result in a rejection. So, I am in the process of disputing my experian report.
    Hope this helps.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You applied 4 the wrong card t

U applied for the wrong card. We are not applying for the click citibank card.

6. Bgolden

Bgolden Guest

RE: You applied 4 the wrong ca

Then tell me which one you applied for. Then I will reapply. Thanks

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

A few days ago, I posted specific directions on how to apply for the correct card. Here it is again but short version. Apply for the Citibank Aadvantage Mastercard. NOT the click cards. You must look at the REWards Cards. Under Rewards you will find the Citibank World Mastercard. Click this card, the world card. Then a screen will come up with a row of cards on the left. You will find the reg. Citibank Aadvantage Mastercard. This is the reg. card. We all applied for the reg card or the gold. Got it? Good Luck.....

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

You applied for the wrong card. It was the one right above the click citibank card. My friend tried to apply and she said you can only apply for the gold aadvantage card now. She isn't the brightest one so this may not be accurate. I did see on the site one night that they were doing some sort of construction from 3:00-3:30am eastern time.

9. new

new Guest

I was declined they said too many derogs on my report it must just be luck. I called they said a letter was in the MAIL

10. Russ

Russ Guest

INSTEAD of posting confusing instructions just post the URL to the card --->

https://www.accountonline.com/Apply?product=AAdvantage&referral=0000000000

Russ

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Yes anything you say. i am a zombie now.