Citibank! Even better news - t

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Feb 12, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

The guy quoted my rate reduction as 12.4% but when i called up this morning they said my rate is prime (isn't it 8.5%?) + 2.9 margin..

So they were quoting you 9.5% + 2.9 = 12.4 , but really entered into the computer 2.9% margin+prime which should reflect 8.5% prime rate this month = 11.4% APR!!!

Crazy!

2. Top

Top Guest

Just called CITI

Hi,

Thanks Same! I just called Citibank. They low my interest rate from 18.9% to 11.4% (Prime 9.5%+1.9%). They also told me that Prime will decrease to 9% soon.

Thanks

3. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: Just called CITI

You mean 8% for prime soon.

4. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: Just called CITI

I would say by the end of may we will see the prime fall as low as it is going to get,that is 8%,the feds need to watch it,and not get to low about it.Because the next thing we know they will start raising it up again.The prime is 8.5% right now.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Just called CITI Sam/Top

I know you didn't have a balance when you called Sam correct?? Just curious if Top had a balance and if so what did you say to them??

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: actually..

Actually i have 50% of my credit line utilized at this moment, i have 25% payment in mail transit mailed today, and the other 25% is going out on the 15th :) payday.

(dont ask why i mail some, has to do with the 2 online payment per month)

7. Top

Top Guest

RE: Just called CITI Sam/Top

Momof3, at the time I called, My balance is $0.00 and last week I just called to upgrade my cibibank card from classic to Platinum because I read the Roni's post about upgrading. Anyway, I haven't received the new card yet.