citibank - experian bk removal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Nov 13, 2000.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't know if anyone remembers but citibank denied for the aadvantage card because of the chapter 13 bk. They told me if I got it removed from my experian report that they would approve me. I filed a dispute with exp. that they claimed to have verified. Well I called exp. and filed another dispute and today I got my updated report and the 13 bk has been deleted. It's now gone from equifax and experian and I am working on TU. I am also on my way to fax my updated report to citibank. I can't believe they deleted it. By they way, does anyone know how much my scores will improve now that this is gone?
    Thanks

2. Sandra

Sandra Guest

RE: citibank - experian bk rem

How long did you wait to dispute it the second time after they verified it? What did the second dispute say?

just curious..having problems with Experian...

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I disputed a second time immediately upon receipt of the notification from exp. that it was verified. The second dispute said that I did file bk but that I did not go through with it and it was dismissed.

4. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Congrats IKH !!

5. poboy

poboy Guest

Hey lkh:

I want to make sure I understand this correctly. I also file a Ch. 13 bk last year. Decided not to go through with it and it wound up being dismissed. If I dispute it with the cra's they should take it off completely? Or will they note it as dismissed?

thanks,
    poboy

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It probably depends on whether the bankruptcy court answers the letter of verification from the cra's. At worst it will show dismissed, but if you're as lucky as I was, no one will respond within 30 days and the cra will be forced to remove it.