Citibank Gave me a Card!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hobo, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Hobo

Hobo Guest

I have no permanent address, no trade lines, and 14 collection accounts totalling $59,000 and Citibank gave me a AAdvantage Visa card with a $9,000 credit line!

What really surprised me is that 3 of my charge offs are from Citibank!

Everyone ought to apply for a Citibank card they are the best!

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't buy it.

3. tj

tj Guest

I agree sounds like a line of BS to me

4. David

David Well-Known Member

Some people need to start showing signs of adulthood around here.

None of us are stupid; it's obvious you want to act cute and funny, as CitiBank is simply handing out cards like water. That's not the case.

Although some issued on this site had derogatory info, take alook at the FICO website that details the elements of the score: have derogatories been compensated by time, a positive track record since, etc?

The fact is this: CitiBank has certain credit guidelines for each of their card products. If you don't meet the guidelines, including income stream and stability analysis, then you don't qualify. Your app. isn't approved just cause you want the card; there are people on the board that could verify that.

So I don't know if it's jealousy speaking, or if you have the wrong impression about CitiBank...

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dont you get. Some of these people have real credit problems.They have not worked as hard as some of us at not having any recent delinquencies. They have not paid bills on time for the last 2 years. They have even filed bk in the last year. And they definitely were turned down by Citibank. Some have accounts with Citibank and are jealous that us hard workers are making a come back. Laugh at their stupid postings. They are funny. If you are a reg at these sites you know how these companies work. Citi is giving us not so bad customers a chance and are trying to still us from cap1 and providian. Thank god!

6. Pat

Pat Guest

Citibank, Capital One & Pr

I requested a credit imit increase to my Capital One card (limit was $500). They said no. I closed the account.

Providian declined my request for a credit limit increase for free, then offered a $1000 limit increase for $1000. I said no, thanks.

I applied the next week for a Citi AA card (I was flying on American). Citibank offered me a MC with a $9K limit.

7. Pat

Pat Guest

RE: Citibank, Capital One &amp

sorry, the Providian fee was $75. oops

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank, Capital One &amp

that is great pat.