Citibank Gold Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Sep 28, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was approved by Citibank for a gold card. Yes, this is in addition to the AAdvantage card of last week. I am on a role. But no more applications for me. I got enough credit for now. Oh yeah same credit limit as the AAdvantage card --$9,000. It seems Citibank is giving credit to anyone with a pulse. You guys had better jump on it.

2. Michael

Michael Guest

I would defenetly agree that Citibank is a great bank to apply with, so is U.S. Bank.

3. milmil

milmil Guest

RE: Citibank Gold Card vs U.S

No way U.S bank is sucks man I had the car loan from them almost paid off never been late and they denied my secured loan? I know my credit is bad but not that bad ...score is 630 and just approved the home mortgage ..stay away from us bank

4. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

city bank denied me a platinum visa.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I did apply for platinum. I know I am out of that range. I applied for classic and gold. Got both with 9k limit. Dont need plat. with those limits. N my opinion.

6. David

David Well-Known Member

Roni-

I saw back several posts that you obtained your credit scores, which were in the lower 600's. Yet you still received high limit prime cards. What is you income like? Also, do you have many inquiries in the past six months?

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have several inquiries in the last 6 months. Like 20+. My income is $93,000 (new office). My scores are in the low 600's. That is why I am encouraging folks to apply for the Citibank AAdvantage Card. If you click AAdvantage Worldwide card then this card comes up. Also the AAdvantage Gold. My credit score suck and I got them. I know high income but still? I was also turned down by MBNA, Associates, First Union, Macy's, Target's, Exxon, oh i cant even remember anymore.

8. David

David Well-Known Member

WOW! I guess income does do something. I have a relatively high income for a student (25K), but low overall. I have 10 inquiries in the past six months on TU, and 4-5 on Equifax and Experian. I get denied for too many recent credit checks. I know CitiBank pulls TU for Indiana, so I won't even try. I applied with them with only 2-3 months of revolving history, and was denied for insufficient established credit. It's since been 4 months.

9. David

David Well-Known Member

Also, was it the AAdvantage Gold, or a regular CitiBank gold? I don't see any regular golds on the website.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

One point citibank was big on my having a verifiable phone in my name and address listed with the phone company. Since I moved this weekend, I had to get that cleared today with them over the phone, and she verified it with directory assistance and apporoved the application on the post. MY income was $60K a few months ago I was working parttime due to sickness, and I was declined by most banks. I didnot try citibank then though. My income is high now and I was turned down by a lot of lenders.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

It was addvantage gold- American Airlines. Listen go to Addvantage world mastercard. When you click this, all of the addvantage cards come up. I got the AAvantage silver and the Addvantage gold.

12. David

David Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw all of them. Did you get instant approval?

13. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Roni,

Did you apply for both cards at the same time or did you wait a few days?

14. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

David, you might want to try a Discover Student Card. The APR is 17.9, but it is lower than the market average. I am a full time student with a collection on my report from 1995, but they still approved me. Now i have the following:

Discover: 1000
    USAA Mastercard: 2500
    Visa: 750
    Capital One: 300
    Providian: 300

I am thinking about getting rid of the Cap1, but i have had them for almost a year.
    Try them out David, i had over 7 inquiries on my TU and my income is only 24K.

Reshod

David wrote:
    -------------------------------
    WOW! I guess income does do something. I have a relatively high income for a student (25K), but low overall. I have 10 inquiries in the past six months on TU, and 4-5 on Equifax and Experian. I get denied for too many recent credit checks. I know CitiBank pulls TU for Indiana, so I won't even try. I applied with them with only 2-3 months of revolving history, and was denied for insufficient established credit. It's since been 4 months.

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I applied for both cards at the same time. I got instant approval for the reg. Aavantage card. The gold took a few days for phone and address verification. Applied for both cards last Friday. They tried to verify the phone and address on Saturday and couldnot because I moved. They sent a letter to my old address of course and I just called them to day to check up on the application and she took my new information verified it and did it over the phone. I dont think they will give you a card unless you have a phone in your name.

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Instant approval. bummer I just applied for my hubby thinking this was a good card for him, I got the standard message they have accepted his application and will mail the results to address provided, smells like denial to me:(

17. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What???

Are you kidding? I can't believe you were turned down for Target and Macy's!!!! I swear they give those cards out to anyone with a pulse! You must be the walking dead, right? Just kidding....

That's one thing I can say about Citibank is that they are very good to their customers. I am very happy that I started out with them and never left (since 92). I have had only 1 increase with them (from $300 secured to $800 unsecured) but I am waiting until early next year to hit them up for an increase. I need to wait for my credit profile to be updated reflecting all of the 'cleaning up' that I did recently.

18. clambake

clambake Guest

defenetly = definitely

Now now !!

19. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Citibank Gold Card??????

Hi Roni, I followed your advice and applied for my husband and it said that he was approved for 10000 and 19.40apr. Are they for real, and have you received your cards? We have a lot of credit, nothing bad and a million of inquiries, so it's hard for me to believe right now. I just hope they are not one of those creditors that withdraw their offer later.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I was approved by Citibank for a gold card. Yes, this is in addition to the AAdvantage card of last week. I am on a role. But no more applications for me. I got enough credit for now. Oh yeah same credit limit as the AAdvantage card --$9,000. It seems Citibank is giving credit to anyone with a pulse. You guys had better jump on it.

20. debbie

debbie Guest

RE: Citibank Gold Card??????

Lady:

I did the same about an hour ago. I applied for myself, got a "we have received your application...."message :(, and I filled out for my hubby, instant approval, $6k line. But like you, I don't know what to think. Just 2 weeks we bought a car and they pulled up our reports. They said his was good but mine was excellent (equifax). He has a Provididan Plat., about 6months, a visa with our credit union, $500 limit, and that's it. Won't believe it till I see the card.