Citibank Gold Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Sep 28, 2000.

1. T

T Guest

RE: Citibank Gold Card??????

Which card did you guys apply for? The regular card or the platinum card?

2. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Debbie,
    Let's keep our fingers crossed. It does seem too good to be true. I applied for myself and got the same message you did. So I know it's some truth in that.

3. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

Gold Aavantage card

4. Tom

Tom Guest

50--80 dollars annual fee for

There is 50 dollars annual fee for AAdvantage card,that's why it's easy to get.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am glad you followed my advice and it paid off. Yes they are for real. I was told last night that I will receive both cards withing 7-10 days.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Well, I should be getting my card first so I will keep you posted when I see it. If you want to call them at 301-733-5501, not toll free but they were quick. I just think it is great to really get an instant approval with them. I got the need more time to approve application for the gold card and that was to verify phone and address.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: 50--80 dollars annual fee

Tom, I really dont care. I am paying a $49 for the shitty providian and orchard. I mean really, must you really try to take the wind out of my sail. Oh well, the gold has a fee of $89 folks so beware.

8. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: 50--80 dollars annual fee

I totally agree with you Roni!!!

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Tom, I really dont care. I am paying a $49 for the shitty providian and orchard. I mean really, must you really try to take the wind out of my sail. Oh well, the gold has a fee of $89 folks so beware.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I know I am repeating myself here debbie, but is your home phone in your name or your husbands? Believe it or not that is what held up my gold card application when I moved. They couldnot verify the new phone number until I called them. You see they verify the reg card on the spot and verify gold cards the next working day. I would call them in 2 days at 301 733 5501 and check the status of your application. They verify this with directory assistance and do approval on the spot.

10. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Roni----Does it really mak

a difference about the phone. Since our phone is in my name and it is unlisted, how where they able to give an instant approval for my husband? Just curious

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I know I am repeating myself here debbie, but is your home phone in your name or your husbands? Believe it or not that is what held up my gold card application when I moved. They couldnot verify the new phone number until I called them. You see they verify the reg card on the spot and verify gold cards the next working day. I would call them in 2 days at 301 733 5501 and check the status of your application. They verify this with directory assistance and do approval on the spot.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni----Does it really mak

For the gold card application, the rep need the phone listed with the address. I got instant for the reg card though when my phone was listed. I thought maybe that was the delay on your reg application. I guess the reg card doesnot rely on that. It was just a thought.