Citibank Gold upgrade

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Newcomer, May 1, 2001.

1. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Got my first Aadvantage card statement in the mail yesterday with an offer to upgrade to the card with no preset spending limit. Took them up on their offer. Hope it's a good thing:)

2. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

Annual fee for World master card is $85,$50 for gold AA card.

3. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I called and had them give me a different card--Platinum Select--no annual fee since the perks of a world card wasn't what I was after and I detest paying an annual fee.
    It's no problem for them to change your cards around--they did it for me and others on the list just by calling a requesting another card that would better 'fit my lifestyle'
    AnnMarie

4. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

Ooh, Thanks AnnMarie. Will they increase my $5000 line of credit?

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I don't know....I didn't have mine increased but I was happy with it--
    All of my CL is open to cash advance (not that I would do it!) My husband got a CL that's more than twice mine yet only a small amount of his (3500?) is available as cash--I don't know what that means tho.

AnnMarie

6. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

I've wondered about their criteria for assigning cash advance limits also. I've heard of some people who have the AA cards and their CA limits are less than their total credit limit. I have the AA Silver & Gold both have a $9k limit and both have a $9k cash advance limit also.

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

The cash limits vary from one account to another. My citibank aadvantage has a cash limit equal to the credit line--10,500. My plat. select has a limit of 7200 with a cash limit of 1800 and Universal card has a 6500 limit with 100 (not a typo) cash limit! The limits on the plat. select and universal were raised recently but no change in the cash limits.

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Lizardking--

Welcome back! Agreed that cash advances are a bad idea. The best way to do it is to go shopping with a friend who uses cash or will write you a check, pay for the purchase with your card and pocket the cash. This is a nice way to build rewards, too.