Citibank Gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by upset, Mar 20, 2001.

1. upset

upset Guest

I applied for a citibank Gold card and got a letter saying that they were unable to verify my home telephone number and employment information. The letter gave a list of things that I need to send it to have my application further processed. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does this mean that an approval is pending receipt of these documents?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Pretty much, yes, you are approved, provide them the info by fax, and you'll get your card in about 11-14 business days. Same thing happened to my gf, she called up got the fax # and sent it, followed up, approved.

By the way, if you want, you can switch your card to platinum select at the same time, lose your miles, no annual fee and lower APR. :)

3. upset

upset Guest

Thanks. The wierd thing is that I applied for a Citibank AA Advantage about a month and a half ago and was declined. What are they doing? It seems that there is no consistency with their approval processes. I saw a someone post where they had a 565 credit score and got approved for a card with a $4K limit. My credit score is about 650. When I got the letter, I was completely confused. How could I be declined for a AA Advantage, but approved for a gold card?

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

That was me. I too, got a declined letter, then got the card. Sounds like your declined is being overridden like mine :)

good luck. Let us know how it goes, Call them up fax the info and ask them whats up. I'll be glad to here if you get it, nice $5000+ line :)

5. upset

upset Guest

Just called into Citibank to get their fax number. The representative told me that my account would be approved pending receipt of the requested documents.

I am still amazed that they pull these stunts. How could I be declined for one card and then approved for a gold card? Oh well, I'm not mad at them.

Thanks for the info, Sam.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yeah and you got at least $5K in credit to get the gold card! Rock on. Post your history to give others some hope :)

7. upset

upset Guest

I am completely shocked to have been approved or even considered for a gold card. I don't have bad credit, but I have limited credit and I think that sometimes that can be worse. I have an Aria Visa which I've had since December with perfect payment history (what little there is) and I also have a Visa from Bank of America. I applied to Citibank just to see what would happen. I saw where others, on the board, were applying and being approved. I initially applied for the AA Advantage and was declined for limited credit history and too many inquiries. I think that I applied for the Gold by mistake, but I got a letter saying that they needed further verification info. I am going to fax the info over and see what happens.

What is the minimum credit line for their gold visa?

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

$5000

9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Yes, I got the same thing as you did two years ago. I did n't want to go through all the troubles and I trashed the letter.So Citibank didn't bother me they sent me anything. I assumed they denied me without all those documents. About a year and half ago, Citibank came out Citibank on-line cards. I apply on the web and got approved instantly. Citibank sent me the card after two weeks and they didn't ask you any documents to verify the employment,phone numbers. Ever since I apply for Sony Citibank Paltinium Select card and Dividend and they don't bother to ask for documents.