Citibank - HOLLY S*&%!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Apr 16, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Someone pick me up off of the floor!

Just logged into my Citibank Visa account that I have had for NINE YEARS and fell out of my chair! They FINALLY AFTER SIX YEARS raised my limit from $800 to $1200!!! I can't belive this...I am in total shock! :-o I did not request this at all! I can't believe it. Last time I inquired about an increase, I followed the instructions (word for word) of Sam to have customer service transfer me to retention and the computer wouldn't even allow them to transfer me there! So I just left it alone. I didn't want them to pull an inquiry so I was at a loss.

Now it's Platinum Select time!!!!!! :-D

I guess Citibank is starting to take me serious now. Don't know why.....they didn't take me serious 4 years ago when I had FUSA platinum, transferred my Citibank balance to FUSA, and stopped using their card (except for gas once a month) for 2 years. Now that others have been very generous to me like Providian, I guess Citibank has noticed. Not to mention that after I spoke w/ customer serice that one day, I paid my balance off in 3 payments and haven't used my card since. Guess they got nervous? Who knows...I'm happy though....

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS!

MP,

I'm delighted that CitiBank has finally come through for you! It's about time!

I would say you're definitely having a good Monday.

Donna

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!

About two months ago, I asked B of A for a credit line increase, NO SPECIFIC AMOUNT (with-out a credit report inquiry) the answer NO INCREASE...

Just got my bill Saturday...SAID "CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR HIGHER CREDIT LIMIT" +$500!!!

GO FIGURE.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: CONGRATULATIONS!

George,
    BofA increase my Mastercard two times last year. First time they increased credit line from $5000 to 6000 and second time from $6000 to $8000.(they pulled hard inquiry). They lowered my rate from 18.9% variable to 9.9 % fixed APR. They are nice to me. I alos applied for Visa and they approved me.

Ron.

5. Cadillac408

No Platinum Select for Me :-\

Just called customer service and they were willing to upgrade me to Platinum Select BUT I would have to convert to Mastercard. Then they would change my account number and then she said that my "Member Since..." date would change to today (from '92 to '01....I thinks NADA!). I asked why they would change the member date and she couldn't offer me a straight answer. I take pride in that "Member Since 92" stuff......shoot....that card is my blood and sweat! First credit card I got! The APR was going to be 16.9%. So I decided to leave my account the same (Visa) and just requested an APR reduction.....got 16.4%!

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: No Platinum Select for Me

I would take the platinum select if i were you :) My intro apr was 16.9% and i dropped it to prime+1.9% in five months. Maybe they take their platinum select members more serious when it comes to retention :)

plus the card is pretty.

7. Cadillac408

Maybe I'll reconsider...

I'll call them back and check on the Member date issue. I know it sounds crazy but that really means alot to me. I remember being in college and eating Top Ramen just to make the minimum payment of $20 on my card just to turn around and max it back out...never over the limit though! I'll be dammed if they are going to send me a *Pretty* card w/ Member Since '01 at the bottom! But we'll see...

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: No Platinum Select for Me

MP$40,
    Last week, I have to beg them to lower my Sony Plat.Select Card APR from 15.9% to 13.4% (prime+4.9%). First they refused to lower my rate and they asked me how often I carry the balnces on the card. I told them I carry off balances occasionally. So the rep told me she gave the best rate for the card and I had the account for a little bit a year.

Ron.

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

It's about time

It' about time they finally gave you something, congrats I however would NOT get the platinum select card UNLESS they keep your original date of opening on the account. We know how much history plays a part and that's a pretty old tradeline, I would of course call back and ask them why they would change the date.

Mom

10. Cadillac408

Re: It's about time

Thanks Mom and others of course! ;-D

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: It's about time

Ask them WHY they need to change the date...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ANSWER, ASK FOR A SUPERVISOR.

SINCE '92 IS PART OF THE COMPUTER CODE TO TYPE THE CARD...