Citibank Instant Approval?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jo, Oct 14, 2000.

1. Jo

Jo Guest

Anyone getting instant approval this AM? I didn't and neither did someone else...see the post somewhere on this board- but the response was neutral, definately didn't sound like the normal unofficial DECLINE that FUSA & FLEET hand out on their sites.

2. Tom

Tom Guest

Jo ,which card you applied? If you apply citibank AAdvantage world master card you would get instant response.Their terms and conditions state very clear"please allow 30 days to process".

3. Tom

Tom Guest

I am sorry,I should say "you wouldn't get instant response".

4. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Jo,
    I got the neutral message "your a application for Citibank card accepted and being processed...." (I applied yesterday afternoon)
    Citibank declined me for a *secured* card in 3/00, so I'm thinking I have no shot with them. But I'll wait and see... I'll keep you posted!

Capital One, Providian and a couple other CC companies have been posting great growth figures in the past year, maybe Citibank is trying to get a piece of the (less than perfect credit) credit card market. This is just my theory considering a lot of the people who have been posting lately that they were approved for the Citibank AAdvantage card have blemishes on their credit reports. Maybe they have in a sense "opened the floodgates" for a short period to get up their numbers!

Just a thought

chet

5. David

David Well-Known Member

Jo-

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If I remember correctly, you have great credit, so this application shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I was approved with about 10 months credit history.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is exactly what citi is doing Chet. Have you seen Providians growth lately. Banks like Citi have to take in some of the subprime market. I think Citi is the first bank to try to cash in on us hardworkers. Meanwhile we are getting the benefits. I thanked God the night he led me to the Citibank site. I dont how I found that dinky little card in that sea of Platinums.

7. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

Please stop creating new useless message threads! Don't you guys know how to use a message board properly? you are supposed to reply to the message you are commenting on, now create a 'New Topic' !!!!

8. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

MrBelvedr,

You are a fucking moron.

9. MrBelvedr

MrBelvedr Guest

I realize that I am sometimes a moron. It really doesn't bother me. But I don't create a 'New Topic' every to let the world know about it. I am just trying to let people know how message boards are supposed to work.

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Get Lost

Supposed by you, but apparently not by anyone with a real message. Get lost.