CitiBank Message

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credit See, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Credit See

Credit See Guest

What does this message mean? I just applied for the regular AAdvantage card and got this message. Does it mean I am denied right away?
    I would appriciate your comments.

"As soon as your application is processed, we'll send the results to the address you submitted on your application".

2. Barry

Barry Guest

I received the same message...time will tell!

3. Kirk

Kirk Guest

It means that as soon as your application is processed, they'll send the results to the address you submitted on your application. Sorry, I couldn't help myself! Actually, that's the same message I got when I applied and I received the card. Good Luck!!

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Kirk,

I know the folks who got instant approval had mentioned an 8-day period of time before they received their cards. I got the same message as you did. How long before you received your card(s)?

Cheers,
    Cindy
    (who is crossing her fingers!!)

5. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Cindy,

It was a total of about 10 days. I called 3 days after submitting and was told I was denied, ~3 days after that call I got the denial letter then about 4-5 days after that letter I got the gold card. Then last Saturday I received the Silver AAdvantage card with another $9,000 limit. Good Luck!

6. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Additional info.

I looked back at the denial letter I received and on there it mentioned that they will only accept 2 applications within a 90 day period. So, maybe I accidentally submitted one of my applications twice when I was doing the online submittal which would have caused me to have 3 applications and thus the original denial. Not sure if that's what happened, but it is a possibility.

Kirk

7. Russ

Russ Guest

RE: Additional info.

2 within 60 days (according to the rep I talked to at CitiBank).

8. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Kirk!

Kirk I believe you situation is similar to mine - you had a BK in 1992.
    Did you include a Citibank card in your BK?

thanks

chet

9. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Thanks for responding, Kirk. I have another question...where did you call to check on your application status? Was it the (301) number that Roni listed in earlier posts? Is there a trick to getting a human on the phone, rather than a recording telling me to wait for thirty days?

Cheers,
    Cindy
    (who is trying to be patient!)

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

(301) 733-5501

Select the option stating that you submitted your application over 3 weeks ago!

11. Kirk

Kirk Guest

RE: Kirk!

Chet,

I did have a BK in 1992, but did not include any Citibank products in that. Also, it is not showing on my Equifax report which, I believe, is the one that Citibank used. Good luck!

Kirk

12. Kirk

Kirk Guest

RE: Additional info.

You're correct. Mistype.

Kirk

13. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Citibank UPDATE

Thanks to MP$40 and Kirk for the helpful information. I called and was told my application for the AAdvantage card had been declined. The operator (who was indeed very nice, just as Roni said in one of her earlier posts), told me they had used TransUnion (which FYI is my worst report). I guess I'm going to be watching the mailbox VERY closely for the next week. (LOL!)

Cheers,
    Cindy

14. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank UPDATE

Sorry to hear, Cindy.

The comment, though, about the rep's friendliness is dead on. They are great!!!

15. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I also applied on Friday. I called and spoke to a very polite rep. She placed me on hold and stated that my application was still in the processing stages. I don't know if that is bad or good. She gave me a processing number to refer to. Only time will tell.

16. David

David Well-Known Member

Miles-

I applied the Thursday night. Per Roni's rules, I called this morning to find out the status of my Platinum Select app. I was approved. I received by Aadvantage approval online.

Stay in high hopes. They may just need to verify something.

17. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Thanks David, I appreciate it. I'm trying to remain positive. I hope it is a good sign that she did not immediately tell me that I was declined. She did verify my address & my mother's maiden name before I asked any questions. Maybe it is a good sign that she had this information on hand?

18. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Damn miles. Congratulations. Wow.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

oops! i mean David.

Congrats.

20. miles

miles Well-Known Member

RE: oops! i mean David.

:) LOL! I hope you will be able to congratulate me!