CitiBank Message

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Credit See, Oct 16, 2000.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank UPDATE

Miles,

I hope you do get approved and I don't mean to be a downer, however, I applied last week and called for status today. The rep also gave me an application #, and verified my social security, address and mothers' maiden name, and then told me I was denied due to a chapter 13 BK. last year that never went through but is reported to the bureaus. She told me anyone with a BK less than 7 years old would be denied.

2. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support 1kh. I'm sorry you did not get approved. I do not have a BK on my report, but I do have one charge-off and one collection that is due to drop off of my report in several months. I hope that they take all of my positive trade lines into consideration. I have one R1 installment (auto loan) for two years with no late payments, 1 retail store card (open)and 1 secured card (closed at consumer's request)since 1993 with no late payments. I also have a Providian account with a $6,000 limit (R1 status) since 1996 and 2 Capital One cards since 1998 with no late payments in addition to 1 other visa card which was open from 1997 until 2000 (closed at consumer's request) with no late payments.
    Just listing this info to give others an idea what type of credit is needed whether I get declined or approved. Hopefully this will help others. Thanks!

3. Tom

Tom Guest

I think you will be approved.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I have 3 credit cards all zero balances with no lates. I also have a car loan from Nov. "98 with 1 30 day late, and 2 student loans about 1 year old with no lates. Maybe I'll be one of those that gets the denial letter and then 3 days later gets the card.
    Wishful thinking.