CITIBANK, N.A--vs--CITIBANK, USA???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Sep 30, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Being that these two companies are under the CITI umbrella, does anybody know if Citibank, USA follows the same credit guide lines as Citibank, N.A.? I am interested in the Travelocity World Mastercard which is a Citi, USA card. I already have two Citi, N.A. cards and am told that is the max I can have with that group which includes AT&T Universal.

Sam, since you seen to have the best luck with CITI, why don't you be the Creditnet guinea pig and give them a test run.

-Om

2. Om

Om Well-Known Member

Just shy of 100 views and knowbody has any input?

-Om

3. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

102 and not a clue!

4. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Om

Why don't you be the guinea pig? Take one for the team. Let us know how it goes.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Declined Saturday, 666 Score on Experian for citibank usa.

Their standards are not at all the same.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I don't know the answer to your question.

Here is my experience:

with Citibank SD, I have an account with a limit of 22,700.

With Citibank USA, I applied for 3 cards, the hilton card, quicken card, and travelocity car. I got 5k with hiton, and with quicken, but 12k with the Travelocity card. They are in the process of being combined into the Hilton card and I will then have a 22k limit.

I applied for the AA card (I would have combined it with my platinum select), and I was turned down because they said I had the maximum credit line citibank offers. I don't know if this included both Citibank SD and USA accounts, or just SD.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I have three cards from Citibank (South Dakota) N.A. I intend to ask Citibank USA for a Hilton HHonors card after my current inquiries age a bit. Based on the terms of the card, the standards MUST be higher than for the AAdvantage card, to use a popular example.

8. Om

Om Well-Known Member

-Sam, if you don't mind, what were their reasons for denial? Do you plan to ask for reconsideration?

-the other, when you applied for the Citi-USA cards, how did your credit look?

-Om

9. the other

the other Well-Known Member

low usage ratios, high ratio available.

My CE score was probably somewhere around 760.

I have no derogs. just alot of accounts, and alot of inquiries. many accounts that are less than 2 years, 1 or 2 less than a year old. Some accounts that I have had for a long time too.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Reasons:
    Your score did not meet our requirements blah blah

derogatory items

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DENIED...DENIED...DENIED...DENIED...DENIED
    ME F.I.C.O. 685-704
    WIFE F.I.C.O. 725-741

"PRE-APPROVED"
    BY MAIL
    ON-LINE

ALL DENIED!!!

12. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I am on citibank n a permanent blacklist. They will not even pull my credit when I apply. However I was approved for hhonors with a 665 creditexpert score..5k limit. They pulled ex.