Citibank - NO MORE BLK WK HORSE!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I AM BLOWN AWAY! I JUST APPLIED FOR THE CITIBANK AADVANTAGE CARD AND WAS APPROVED INSTANTLY FOR $5000. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I WAS READING THE THREAD BY PSYCHDOC AND DECIDED TO TRY THE ROUTE OF GETTING DENIED AND THEN CALLING FOR RECONSIDERATION. NO NEED FOR THAT I GUESS!

THEN TO TOP IT OFF (guess I got greedy) I DECIDED TO APPLY FOR THE GOLD AADVANTAGE CARD AND WAS APPROVED FOR $5500!!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!

How silly is this: Citibank REFUSES to increase the limit on my perfect regular classic card of NINE YEARS but they will issue me TWO new cards totally $10500 in credit! GO FIGURE!!!!! I went from secured $300 to unsecured $800 to $1200 in NINE YEARS on this card. Today I go from $0-$10500 on 2 new cards.

I would like to thank everyone on this board. I owe my credit success to you all. I guess this means I can balance transfer the HELL away from Providian and Cap1.

Next stop: American Experess.......hopefully by the end of the year.

And if someone is reading this from Citibank....YOU GUYS ARE THA BOMB! <wink, wink>

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hey MP$40 CONGRATULATIONS!!

I'm fighting with my mouse right now - I'm on the wagon until next June, and Doc's thread has given me more cards to apply for! Nooooo.....

Jac

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

MP$40,

Great going! I did that back-to-back, for my parents, too. My mom walked away with a $11K limit and my dad has an $18K limit.

I am soooo tempted to apply for a third card for myself....

4. tony123

tony123 Well-Known Member

congrats MP$40, SEE HARDWORK=GOOD RESULT

MY CREDIT NEED TO BE DEFRAG

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Great MP.....

So where are we going this weekend??

Macy's....Dillards.....Mall....the Buckle....

WOOHOO

6. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

And... I went from $500 secured (August 2000) to nothing (closed the account) and then to 18,000 with the two Addvantage Gold and Silver in january. (21,000 by today)

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

MP$40,

CONGRATULATIONS! Boy, do I remember how good it felt when I got my two Citi cards last October. You're getting closer to Amex!

Donna

8. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

OK I HAVE FALLEN OFF MY CHAIR BECAUSE I WAS JUST APPROVED FOR THE GOLD CITIBANK CARD FOR $5000!!!

High five! MP!

CONGRATS TO YOU !!

Happy dance for everyone!

Ok Key Bank, who!!!!!

Cypri:)

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Woooooo Hoooo!! That's great, MP!!

breeze

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

WOW MP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Girlfriend I am so darn happy for you:) I am dancing in my chair:)

Way to go Cypri:)

11. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Wow this has been quite a day!

Mom got it rolling with the correction of her credit report!

Breeze got her judgment vacated!

Doc got his Citibank card!

MP got 2 Citi cards, you go girl!

I also got approved for a Citi gold and Platium and upgraded to the World Platnium!

Anyone else with good news please share!

I am sorry if I missed anyone else's good news.

Cypri:)

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

All together now -

Oh Happy dayyyyy
    Oh happy day-ay-ayyyyyyy

tee hee

karaoke on the board.......
    breeze

13. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

And LKH is a member of the good news club, too. In an earlier post from today, he said he got a collection agency (one he had never heard of before) to remove a derog from his Experian report. That's definitely something to shout about!

I sure hope I'll be among the next wave of board participants to get some good news...like maybe my paid chargeoff coming back off of Equifax. Or, miracle of miracles! Maybe, before the seven-year period ends, Experian will see the light and remove it.

Overall, though, I'm very fortunate. Thanks to the wonderful folks on this board, my credit situation is improving every day and life is good.

Donna

14. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all. Does anyone have the citibank # to call to check on status of application. My second application gave me application in process message. Although, I applied for two silver and I see some applied for 2 different cards. Hope that doesnt hurt me.

Mike G.

15. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Hey, is there any chance you can combine your old account with your new account (and keep the good new terms but the old aging?)

If not, can you combine the old into the new, get the extra CL bump... as you cancel the old credit line?

:) Just trying to maximize :)

16. Cadillac408

I think you should of applied for 2 different cards. They might look at your second application and think it was by accident (as in accidently submitted twice).

17. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

1-301-733-5501, just hit the option it has been longer than 2-3 weeks since applying and if they ask when you applied, say you can't remember but recently.

I don't believe they issue 2 of the same cards, so you may get the one silver and be denied for the second, also you can only apply twice in 60 days, so if you get the first one wait 60 days then apply for another card other than the silver.

18. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Now everyone have your letters ready for when your statement comes so you can send it to Experian and get those lovely high limits reported, gosh the things we must do to make them report accurately!!

19. Cadillac408

I'm assuming you were directing this question to me so I'll answer it...

I'm sure I can do something. I'm not sure on what I want to do just yet. The APR on the AAdvantage cards are 16.49% which is RAPING! The APR on my regular classic just got lowered to 11.4% So my initial thought is to combine both AA cards and keep that for a while.....then eventually combine my other card. I don't know.....we'll see. I'm still in shock! :-O

20. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Party at MP$40's. Yeah Baby!

Congrats!