Citibank - NO MORE BLK WK HORSE!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Thank You All!!!!

You guys are the best! :-D

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Horray! Congratulations 2 you also. Way 2 go MP!

-Dave

3. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

CONGRATS TO YOU welcome to the citi club, if you don't use the miles for the aa cards call them they will upgrade to plat.(no annual fee) without a problem or the did me anyway.

mindy

4. newcomer2

newcomer2 Member

Re: Thank You All!!!!

congrats mp.. Make sure to apply agian in after 2 months maybe 3 , that's what i did and they game a higher limit on the second card ..
    Good luck

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

YOU GO GIRL!

What in the world took you so long to apply? LOL

congrats!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

To be honest......I have NO IDEA! It all started off when I called and requested another increase like 3 weeks ago. Instead of pulling TU like they do, they pulled Equifax (my best report) and STILL denied me! I was hot! Then I read a post on this board by someone who was in a similar situation as me (i.e. had a Citi account and couldn't get an increase). They said something to the effect of.....I can't get an increase on my current card but they'll issue me a new car blah blah blah. So with that idea, the fact that they might pull Equifax, and the other idea of calling for reconsideration if I got denied.......I decided to apply. My jaw was on the ground. I thought I was seeing things when it said *Approved* and listed all the details (i.e. limit, apr, etc.). Then at the bottom it said accept or decline. I accepted and then it took me to the screen w/ my new card number and exp date. I printed that out (which is now in a frame on my wall) and remembered about how people were getting double approvals so I went back and applied again...this time for the Gold AAdvantage using the SAME info as I did in my last application. Instant approval! I accepted, got my account number, etc. and that was that.

This just blows my mind. Can't wait to call Cap1 to tell them where they can stick their P.O.S. CRAP $200 card! I have small balances on both my Providian Visa Gold and MC. I'll probably BT those and keep them open until whenever.

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Now that so many here who have had past problems have a Citi account, be forewarned; they will raise your credit limit and lower your APR based on their Account reviews of your credit bureau reports and it might not even be the one that they pulled to approve you. To protect yourself, get a copy of all three as close to the date you applied as possible and keep it for as long as you have the card(s). Be very, very careful about their online payments as the first payment you set up with AutoPay may not be in effect with the first statement. Send payments by mail for at least the minimum, well in advance, until you are sure their online system for your account is functioning properly. Don't miss any payments with any of your creditors and if you find any new problems pop up on your credit reports you should get them in dispute ASAP. You have only to read all the horror stories of raised APR's and lowered limits with respect to Citi on PlanetFeedback to be as careful as you possibly can. As an added protection, have another card with room left in the balance to do a balance transfer to if Citi should try to pull this one on you. It's not just Citi, it's just about all of them but some companies are doing it more than others. Watch out!