Citibank (No More than 2)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JustMe, Sep 3, 2001.

1. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

In March 2001 I applied and received a Citibank AA World Gold Mastercard. Then The next day I applied and received a Citibank Sony Mastercard. Last week I applied for a Citibank Silver AA Card. On Saturday I received a letter stating that only (2) co-branded cards are allowed at one time. Does anyone have "more" than (2) co-branded cards that are currently open.

2. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

BTW-

The above is my husbands accounts. Citibank always denies me for a card period.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

From what I remember...people were getting the AA SILVER, the AA GOLD, trading both for the PLATINUM SELECT, then you could do AA SILVER again...AA GOLD again...

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WORLD CARD IS A PROBLEM CARD...

You can over-spend, but if you do and your credit limit is stated as $20,000 and you spend $30,000 the high balance says $30,000...IF SOMEBODY LOOKS AT YOUR CREDIT REPORT AND THINKS YOU WENT OVER LIMIT, THEN THEY WON'T GIVE YOU "THEIR" CARD...

5. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

I have received my husbands credit reports. On all three it does not state the credit limit. It simply states the highest balance, Reports like Capital One Accounts.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAKE 3 COPIES OF YOUR LAST BILL, HIGHLIGHT THE CREDIT LIMIT AND SEND IT TO EACH CRA!!!

YOU MAY HAVE TO DO IT MORE THAN ONCE...THEY (THE CRA) MAY THINK THAT IS A "FRIVOLOUS" REQUEST!!!

7. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info George. But I did one better. Seeing that there was no pre-set limit on the World Mastercard. I had my husband charge 8 refundable first class tickets to Hawaii. Total of 18,000.00. Then he returned them 2 weeks later. The good thing is that it now reports the highest balance of 18k on his credit bureaus for that account.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS TOO MUCH WORK...AND THE AIRLINES FROWN ON IT...
    DON'T TRY IT TOO MANY TIMES...

9. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

It was very easy to to. Just (2) phone calls. One call to book the tickets, and another to cancel them. The airline was very friendly. No problems at all. The " real" credit limt on his World account is 7k. But by doing this it now shows the highest balance was 18k. It does wonders for your Fico Score. His jumped 15 points after it showed a 18k balance to (0) balance. It looks like he has a 18k limit on that card and paid it off in one month!!!!!!

Forget sending in your statements to the CRA's that is where the TO MUCH WORK comes along. This is the fast and easy way to do it. You can make your own limit up!!!!! The World Card is great for doing this.

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Citibank does not report limit on the World Aadvantage but it does on their others credit cards
    like regular and Gold AAdvantage, Platinum Select, Dividend platinum, etc. So you just have
    to call to upgrade his cards to one of the above in order to get the limits reported.

11. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

You must have missed her intent.

JustME....Excellent Plan. I plan on doing this myself.

This is getting the best of Citi not reporting her limits, with a higher FICO score.

VERY VERY SMART

12. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I only have two cards but when I called and spoke with a rep a few weeks ago I was told that I could have as many as I was approved for.

-Om

13. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Thanks Reshod.

14. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Has three cards:

Plat Select

Citi Dividend

Gold World Mastercard

15. Om

Om Well-Known Member

JustMe-

Do you happen to know if you can over charge any CITI card without penalties and have it show the high charge as your credit limit? Or is this a specific CITI card?

I have; Platinum Select & Platinum Dividend. I would love for them to show a higher credit limit. Why not right?

-Om

16. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

specific card

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

any non-world card will invoke an OTL fee.

I have:

Plat select
    Plat dividend
    Gold AA

Just combine, and apply for more affinity. I guess citi wants your money, they'll keep doing this for eternity..

18. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Reshold and JustMe: ALL Citis (Except the World AA) reports credit limits to all three bureaus!!