Citibank Platinum select APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by newcomer2, May 30, 2001.

1. newcomer2

newcomer2 Member

Hello everyone..
    what's the lowest APR possible on this type of card, has anyone been told that they couldn't be transfered to retention because they aren't eligble ? I've had the account for almost 6 months now and was told I couldn't be transfered to the retention department. my current APR is 14.4 which is the highest of all my cards . Any advice on how to reduce it ?

best of luck
    for everyone

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

My rate is prime + 2.65, it has been like this since I opened my account in 11/99.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

prime+1.9%

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Prime+7.9 since the account opened 01/2001

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

prime+1.65% for clickcredit Platinium Select.

Ron.

6. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Currently 6.9% on BT for 6 months. Then prime + 7.9 in September.

7. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I too have;

Prime+1.9%
    Plat Select,Drivers Edge 2% rebate towards new or used car.

Prime +1.65%
    Click Citi Plat Select 1% rebate per month.

VJ

8. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

This is an interesting thread....

With all the different rates posted.

I have been debating whether to accept a pre-approval for a platinum select card, but have been hesitating because the go-to is 8.99% plus prime...too high...it has a 2.9% BT for 9 months.

It seems that as the prime goes down, the new cards are offered at rates that are higher to offset the prime!

Does anyone know if I will be able to get the BT fee waived? The BT fee and go-to rate make the 2.9% BT rate not so attractive.

9. sldruck5

sldruck5 Guest

Re: This is an interesting thread....

I just spoke to a friend of mine that works at citibank she said that all of the representatives there are allowed to waive a balance transfer fee 1 time. but only if you havent done a balance transfer with them before that had a fee. If the representative refuses to remove the fee for any other reason ask to speak to a manager and they will remove it for you.

10. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!!

11. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I was told I was not eligible to be transferred to retention since I had an otl the month or two previous.....even though I had paid the card way down. This was on a classic Visa. I said fine, paid it off, waited 2 mos and called then again on Saturday asking to close the account or combine it with my Platinum Select--they sent me over to what I'm assuming was retention where I combined, and got Prime plus 3.9%.
    My previous interest rates: 24.99 Classic (yeah I know) and 16.9 Plat Select.
    Ialso get to keep my time on the first account that got absorbed into the new Plat card--that's about 7 years! No lates.

AnnMarie

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

it's really simple to get a lower rate.

Call up and say this exactly word for word:

"I would like to speak to a person in retention about my account. I am considering Transferring Out my balance (have one) to another lower interest card, and would like to see if there is anything citibank can do for me to keep this account..."

Verbatim. did it twice, once at 4 months, once at six months.

Probably gonna wait a few more months and do it again!!

13. newcomer2

newcomer2 Member

thankx for your responses everyone.

14. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

I just received a Citibank Platinum select in the mail yesterday... The teasers:

-Save more when you transfer more...0% for transfers >than 3,500; or 1.9 for <3,500.

-transaction fees waived

-No annual fee

Second question: this letter says "this confirms your eligibility for special balance transfer savings..."and contains an authorization #. Yet, there is an "acceptance form" that requires SS#, annual income, etc. that looks a lot like an application.

What CB report do they pull? What is minimum fico? This would be wonderful for my higher rate cards if I could get it but...I don't wanna waste the inquiry if the requirements are high. Oh, I also had a Citibank Visa that I paid in full 10 years ago.

Thanks.