CitiBank Platinum Select MC

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Apr 10, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I posted this earlier..but..

I read a few threads about the CitiBank Platinum Select MC and the relative ease of getting one...

I was encouraged, decided to apply on-line, and got the response something like "the results will be sent to the address you listed on the app."

I'm in the midst of repair, with a score in the mid 500's. Something tells me the response ain't great news...

Any ideas/input?

Thanks

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: CitiBank Platinum Select M

They aren't really that easy to get for people with any major derogs.

If your credit is perfect, they are easy to get.

3. Himmel

Himmel Guest

Dave,

My scores were 595 EQ, 600 QS, & 606 TU.

I wonder if Momof? is on the right track in speculating that items in dispute aren't counted towards your FICO score. Junum is in the process of disputing on my behalf when I applied.

The weird thing is, I was denied the Travelocity Card by CitiBank, so I know that I am marginal borderline at best. It's kinda funny in a way, how I can be turned down one day (denied letter saturday) and approved w/ a Platinum $10k on another (approved/card on monday) by the same bank.

Hope that eases your worries.

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Thanks...

Not really all that worried...I've gone w/o a CC for more than 3 years...no probs..(god bless my visa check card)

It's not tough to do at all..just save, buy and be done.

Wish it were that easy for a car/house/other goodies.

My personal goal is to catch up and surpass Lizardking's score...watch out..I'm gunning!!! hehe

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Citibank Travelocity is not Citibank. It is Travelers Bank (Or citibank Usa). Wiat for the response or call the 301 number in four days