Citibank Platinum Select

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Oct 22, 2000.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Current APR for this card: 22.4%; It does state that "You may qualify for a lower APR when we evaluate your application"

Seems safe to say this card has similar approval standards as the silver AAdvatage. Both are entry-level Prime cards, but this one requires no annual fee.

Saar

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Citibank Platinum Select Hey S

Hello Saar,

You had such good advice for me on Capital One that I thought I would ask another question. I received a Preselected/Preaaproved letter for the Citibank Platinum Select Card. I didnt apply because I was turned down for the AAdvantage card for too many inquiries. this was do to Eloan crushing me with inquiries on a Mortgage loan.

Anyway, should I even bother? I was going to wait until next year and apply.

Mike G.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Citibank Platinum Select H

Hey Mike,

Check which one of the 3 reports Citibank pulled for your Aadvantage application (TransUnion for me).

I'd avoid applying for a few months, and at the same time dispute existing inquiries with both creditors and CRAs. This should remove at least 30% of them.

Wait till the one report they pulled is left with only 2-3 inquiries in recent 6 months, then apply. I say this assuming by the time you apply, you will have had at least 8 months of recent positive credit history on that report, and little or no negatives in last 2 years.

Good luck!

Saar