Citibank Platinum Select

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Feb 12, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

This is true. I was just at Citibankcards.com, and checked the terms and conditions for the Platinum Select Card. The APR was prime+12.9%, or 21.4% currenly.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow! :-o

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

The fine print says something like your interest rate MAY be lower as determined at application time...

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Citi and AT&T - Is there m

JaquiG still has me thinking about the AT&T platinum card. I'm just wondering how this card differs from Citi's platinum select?

As JaquiG mentioned, sometimes the customer service for AT&T isn't as good but that situation could improve as the transition progresses and everything settles.

Anyway, I'm just curious about this card. I know I shouldn't respond to the pre-approved offer I got but the offer is tempting. If I did apply, and actually managed to get the card, I would cancel one of my two Cap One cards. Yep, that would be nice.

Anyway, I'm listening if anyone has additional comments on AT&T's platinum card. What are the limits like and is the interest rate decent?

Thanks.

Donna

5. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Mine is 16.4 (waiting for the rate adjustments to appear)

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

RE: Citi and AT&T - Is the

Donna,

Even though you aren't talking to me, my limit is $5K; APR 14.49%. Don't remember if that's variable or fixed. Feb makes my 6th month with the card.

*Jac*

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, JaquiG, that's not too bad. Eventually, though, if you end up keeping the card, I hope you can get it lowered.

I'm not going to apply today. Instead, I'll sleep on it and see how I feel about it tomorrow. Citi checked Transunion for me and, with any luck, maybe AT&T would, too. I'd like to get the card so I could eliminate one of my Cap Ones. That would be nice.
    Again, thanks.

Donna

8. the other

the other Well-Known Member

2 of my sisters, my aunt and my uncle all received the offer on Sat. for the AT&T card. I don't think any of them would qualify for it.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: oh!!

I got both citi platinum and AT&T with a misspelling that indicates they are trolling "EXPERIAN" or some other list.

In either case, i don't qualify for at&t for previous issues.

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Ooops....responded to the wron

I read both of JaquiG's posts with interest and then ended up responding to the wrong one. Sorry about that. Maybe I'll go find some lunch and then I'll start thinking more clearly.

Donna

11. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I received both the AT&T and Citibank Plat. Select cards about six months ago. The CL on the AT&T is 5K which is a lower credit line than I got on the Plat Select. The APR is 14.49, pretty much average for plat. cards and AT&T would not reduce it when I asked last week. Citibank however, reduced the APR on the plat. select without hesitation. Now the plat. select has a better rate than the AT&T card. The AT&T comes with standard plat. benefits and doubles as a calling card. New cardholders get $100 in free calls during the first 90 days. After that, you wouldn't want to use it for calls because the pricing is very steep. Both AT&T and Citibank Plat. Select offer a nine month 2.9 teaser rate for balance transfers. You will benefit the most from the AT&T card if you take advantage of this promotional balance transfer rate.

12. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks much, Dave.

I appreciate the info and your post was very helpful.

The balance transfer offer on the AT&T plat card is very tempting. It would definitley help me out.

Despite my resolve not to go for anymore credit, I may have to apply. Rejection is the worst thing that can happen and I've received those letters before. Getting rid of one of my Cap One cards would sure be nice but I don't want to do it until I have something in its place.

I checked and my new Chase card isn't appearing on my reports yet. I know I need to be cautious not to open too many new accounts simultaneously.

Donna

13. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Donna-

During the past six months, I have opened five new accounts with high limits. This makes me think that the "too many inquiries" thing is a bit exaggerated. I never hear of denials based only on that. It usually appears as the third or fourth reason creditors use to explain a denial. So, unless you've been totally indiscriminate in applying, you should be OK and I say go for it. Dumping Capital One is a very sensible reason to get either the Citibank Plat. Select or AT&T card. These cards coupled with the Chase will look very good on your report and you'll have lenders that will give you something for your money.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

14. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dave.

You talked me into it. I'm gonna apply for the AT&T plat card.

What do I have to risk? Just an inquiry and I think I can afford that. Currently, the inquiries on my reports aren't excessive and I've gotten most of the things I've applied for.

If I get the card, great! One of my Cap One cards will be gone! And, if I don't receive approval, then I'll know that I have to continue working harder on my credit.

The AT&T plat card would look nice along side my Chase and Citi AA gold. The pre-approval invitation provides a way to apply online and I'm headed over there now.

Again, thanks.

Donna

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Richguy:

What is the APR on your Citibank platinum select card?

roni

16. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Richguy

Was 15.4%. With lower prime rate, should be going down to 14.4%.

17. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Richguy

And actually, it's a CLICK CITI Platinum Select card. Probably as easy to get as any of the higher-limit Citibank cards. I only applied because Citibank offered it to me preapproved.

I like having it because it's "platinum," and because the $3000 limit with a balance under $100 really helps my utilization ratio. Frankly, the 15.4% APR hasn't helped me much, since I rarely use the card or have much of a balance. But it has been good for ordering credit reports online. Sort of like your First Premier card, but without the obnoxious fees. :)

18. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: you know

you can product transfer it to platinum select and lower the rate, get a plastic card, then transfer back :) and have the same plastic, which will be valid till expiration date..

wanna know why? my gf got that card by mistake, and was pissed. Got it to a platinum select,same number, same expiry date. both are valid of course :)