Citibank question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 1, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I encouraged my friend to apply for the citibank craze, she did and was approved for the silver, then she felt so good she applied for the gold, now 2 days later Citibank called to verify her information and asked her how she liked her card and if she had any questions etc. When she first told me she received a call I thought it was for the gold asking verfication, of course the dumb butt didn't ask what card they were referring to:( , but the rep asked if she received card so I am assuming that call was for the silver. Just has us thinking, neither my husband or I ever received a call asking us about getting card and if we had any questions. Just curious if anyone got a call like this after receiving the silver card??

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom.
    Your friend sounds extremely confused and the rep was probably just making conversation. The call was probably just for verification. Dont lose any sleep over your friend's credit. I'm still losing sleep of mine and yours Mom. Just kidding! Mom, did you get around to asking aria for an increase?

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes of course I confused her more b/c I thought this call was for the gold card, b/c I had not received any calls regarding my silver card nor did my husband, I am hoping it was for the gold for her. No I haven't asked yet about Aria increase, I asked a few months back and was declined:(

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No, I mean, I think the call was to verify the gold card. Maybe I am the one who is confused or confusing you. They verify home phone # and address for the gold card. Why doesnot she just call and ask?

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Because she an idiot LOL, I know I told her to call, she just wants to wait, gosh I couldn't, curiosity always gets me. But she didn't recall verifying telephone number they just asked for her mailing address and last 4 digits of social, but she swear she asks about her card, lord who knows. I know I have enough to worry about myself:) of course I told her that them calling her on the phone number she supplied could be considered verification?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom, since she answered the phone that is probably why she didnot bother verifying the phone number. Just guessing. I hope your friends gets a card(s) with all thatnervous energy.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes me too, but when she said they asked her if she got thae card and how she liked her new account, I didn't want to burst her bubble but it sounds like they were referring to the silver, but not receiving a phone call from mine or hubby's, makes me think she may get it. Well I guess she shall see in about 10 days

8. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i just got a call tonite from a citi rep.I just recieved my gold card. They said they were calling to see if I had any questions regarding account, while we were talking I mentioned that I was interested in transfering 2 card accts. She helped me with that and waived the transfer fee!

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dang. I better get on the phone with Citibank. Thanks for the tip, zip.

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Did they offer you a special rate?? I inquires about balance transfers on silver and they said they were offering that feature, I even tried online LOL. Maybe that is just for the gold???

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I meant to say they WERE NOT offering at this time:)

13. zip

zip Well-Known Member

i got a transfer rate of 6.9% not as good as the 2.9% i saw for other cards but I said the heck with it beacause im paying 23.9% for my 2 providian cards. by the 6 month ending period i could have it paid off!

14. pat

pat Guest

Citibank Gold- yes they called

poor Citibank folks, I thought they were trying to sell me something and hung up several times.

they just wanted to verify the info on the application I provided... some sort of fraud prevention, I s'pose.

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank Gold- yes they ca

from when you applied Pat, how many days before they called???

16. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

I called about that earlier today.. And I inquired about a Balance Transfer on my silver. I even asked for A credit increase to almost double the amount given to me.. and an offer on a balance transfer rate.. since i'm gonna try to consolidate all my cards on thier card. The rep was very helpful, she said that she's going to put in the request to the business division and i'll get my answer in 2 days, and she asked about my income agian. And told me that they are probably going to do a credit check. So i hope it goes through. But the answer to your Question is That they do offer it on the silver card, You just gotta be pushy and tell them to put in the request.Best line used " my friend got a balance transfer on an account like mine on an incredible rate and i'd like to do the same."" works all the time..
    good luck

17. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

Zip now that you reduced your balance to Zero give providian a call and ask them to reduce your APr to 16.9 If they can't their gonna reduce it to 19.7.. good luck .

18. pat

pat Guest

applied mid Sept, approved 2 w

hung up on them a few times, starting mid Oct.

card worked Oct 1. they just wanted to talk in mid Oct.

why?

anti fraud, I think. they weren't selling stuff.

19. Jackie

Jackie Guest

RE: applied mid Sept, approved

What was the URL for the Citi Gold card and do you have to have good credit to get this card? I have a few blemishes on my credit, such as, a charge-off back in 96. Nothing other than that.

20. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: applied mid Sept, approved

I wouldn't think that one charge off in 96 won't hurt your chances at all, but don't quote me on that:) others have gotten this card with blemished credit. The gold can be found at citibank website, good luck if you decide to apply