Citibank question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

for all those who have Citibank in some form or another. when you look at your credit reports...

If you're currently at a point where you're maxing out your card or if you've been progressively spending more each month... could you tell me if your "current balance" is exceeding your "high balance"?

It seems as though.. if your high balance last month was 1000... and this month you've got a 1200 balance... you're going to have a lag time and look like you're actually over your limit...

even if your limit is significantly higher. I am trying to make sure part of this is a CRA issue.

My hypothesis is this: if your balances trend up, when Citi reports the 1200... the high credit isn't automatically being updated. so the harm isn't just that you look like you're at 100%.. it looks as though you're at 120%.

HELP! I'd like some confirmation.

That's what my Cap1s are showing on 2 reports. Equifax and Experian.

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Marie,
    In my Experian report, Citibank doesn't report the high balance and they just report the balnce of that month. In TransUnion and Equifax credit report Citibank report the credit limit of the account and the balance of the account monthly. Citibank didn't pst any high balance in any credit report like Capital One.

Ron.

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Citibank reports the limit on all three of mine. I have Click Citi by the way.

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

TransUnion and Equifax only of mine

5. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Here's mine Marie

This is how mine are listed:

EQUIFAX:
    Choice-Citibank
    Notation saying "Amount in H/C column is credit limit" High Credit $9500-- B= $3536

Universal Bank-At&T (owned by Citibank)
    Same notation ...High credit is my limit 5000....Balance $0

EXPERIAN:
    Citicorp/Choice
    Credit Limit/High Balance == N/A (it shows nothing) Just has the balance
    Same with AT&T

TRANSUNION:
    AT&T shows correct credit limit and gives my balance
    Citi/choice Credit limit $9500 Balance $ 3447

Hope that helps. Only Experian shows nothing for me and I plan on sending them my statements and making them report.

judy