Citibank Rep

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sharon, Sep 2, 2000.

1. Sharon

Sharon Guest

I recently received a credit card from Citibank. I requested another card for my daughter as an authorized user. I allowed her to go and make purchases for her kids for back to school. I called the company today to inquire about a charge back and was informed that my account was frozen. They verified my information: mother's maiden name, social security number, address, phone - home and work, and DOB. They then put me on hold and came back and said that Directory Assistance didn't have the number to my business listed. They asked me for the main number to the business...told them the number that I had, she said it didn't match. So, I called dir. asst. and got the number they had listed. Called back and still it didn't match their system. So, now they want me to send them a copy of my SS card, ID, bill, paystub...etc. Is this right?

2. citibank r

citibank r Guest

You where probably talking to our fraud department. Don't worry about anything there are just trying to protect you. They are just trying to make sure that you are really the cardholder and that you're card hasn't been stolen. Its probably because those where large charges and you usually don't make large charges.