Citibank "Reqirements?&qu

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doreen, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Doreen

Doreen Guest

Re: I was approved!!!!!

No , I thought only one card. What do you think? If I just got the gold card will they approve me for the silver card so soon after?? They might think something is up with that????

2. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Yes, I suggest you to apply for the other one tomorrow evening or next monday.

3. Doreen

Doreen Guest

Besides, my credit is so new. Only ten months old (see above) what was citibank thinking when the approved me tonight in the first place for $9500.00. Lets see, mabe they are having a give-a-away special today only. Please someone else apply thru the American Airlines web site just like I did. Make sure you get a aa memebership first. Post your results here then... Good Luck

4. Suzanne

Suzanne Guest

Doreen I accidently applied for 3 cards the same night. They approved me for three and sent a letter saying I can only apply for 2 within 90 days. They approved the 1st two though.

5. Doreen

Doreen Guest

I just made a big boo boo. Instead of applying for a "silver" aa advantage mastercard. I applied for a "World" aa advantage mastercard. I was approved for 5000.00 limit. What is this world mastercard anyway. Is it the same as the silver? Or is the interest higher??

6. Doreen

Doreen Guest

I just found out this type of mastercard is like a american express card all due in full each month. I don't want this kind of card. It has no limit but to be paid in full each month. This world mastercard must be very easy to get because you have to pay it off each month in full. I am trashing it when it comes. I wanted the silver card now I can't get it. Boo Hoo

7. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Are you sure, I think only the amount over your line of credit must be paid each month.

"You must pay in full each month any amount that exceeds your revolving credit line."

https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cgi-bin/apply.cgi?card_type=aaworld_gold&seq=terms

8. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Re: upgrade to plat select .

Tansfer it to thier regular Platinum select . it's easy to do just call and ask .. they will also lower your apr . I would apply for the other card right away to . They will still accept. Both me and a friend it and both got approved at 9k limits . both of us had about 10 accounts maxed out . Good luck even if you don't get the approval tonight do it agian after 2 months and you'll be approved agian this worked for me .

9. Doreen

Doreen Guest

Yeah Erik you are correct. anything after 5000.00 has to be paid in full. they call the other amount a world line. not such a bad card after all. in fact it could be my best card in case of a emergency. the lady at citibank said only a select few can get this card. i just have a 10 month credit history. she must have been crazy to say that.

10. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

No, I think this card is a revolving card. you don't have to paid it in full, just if
    you are over your limit.

Btw. If I were you I would call them as soon as you get the card
    and tell to upgrade it to a Platinum Select or Platinum Dividend. Those cards have no anual
    fee and a lower interest rate. Everybody in this board have done that.

Congratulations!!!

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T trash it until you ask if you can trade it for the silver card...

12. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Congrats, Doreen!

This worked out even better than you thought it would since the World card is more difficult to get than the other Aadvantage cards. It has a no pre-set spending limit which allows you to charge over your credit line as long as you pay back the excess on the next statement.

I think the interest rate is the same on all the cards but Citibank is negotiable about that and you might want to haggle after a few months. You should get a bunch of bonus miles when you activate the card. I've only had this card for four months and charge everything on it. I already have enough miles for a free ticket and haven't paid a dime in finance charges.

13. Doreen

Doreen Guest

I know why now!!

I now know why I was approved for the citibank cards. About 2 years ago my father placed me on his citibank platnuim card as a authorised buyer when I went to Europe on a trip (just in case) because I had no credit cards. He has a 50k limit on his card. When I returned home from the trip I gave him back the card. He never took me off as a authorized buyer. This must be why the approved me for both of those cards??? what do you all think??

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: I know why now!!

I'm happy for you and Citibank used to match the phone number on the phone book before they approved Citibank cards. First time, I apply on the web for Platinium Select Card and denied because my name is not on the phone book I got approved until they have click credit Platinium Select card. Right now I have a couple of Citibank cards with them and good customer service. I have them for almost a year and half now.

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Remember. to call retention and have your rates reduced. The platinum select product typically gets 9.9%-11.4% APR. You can switch to platinum select just by asking!

16. ble103

ble103 Guest

Yes this world mastercard is a charge card with a revolving limit included.Here is the downside of this card.It has a $50.00 annual fee,and a 19.99% interest rate if you would use the revolving end of the account.I have received a pre-approved offer of the same product just a few days ago,and i just trashed it.I have $92,500.00 worth of revolving limits with a bunch of low rates offered to me all the time from my lenders.I will be well over 100K worth of limits by 2001's end.It's being very responsible with credit what lands anyone with these sky high limits,and low rate offers.Low usage is the key on being very sucessful with any creditor,and at the same time they keep raising credit limits.

17. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: ble103 (208.44.101.---)
    Date: 03-03-01 16:00

I doubt that citibank will approve you at this time.Reason you are nearly maxed out on your credit card accounts,and this isn't good at all.

You need get all of your accounts down to 50% used

then citibank will likely approve you for one of their cards.=====================================
    ========You need to get all of your accounts down to 50% used - Why not just increase the the credit limit to double what you owe on each card? It would be the same difference woulden't It?

18. lbrown59

Author: Ron (---.satx.rr.com)
    Date: 03-03-01 16:10

I think you have a high balance in your credit cards and Citibank score your credit it nay say that debt to income ratio is too high. You must pay down your balance in your credit card before you apply Citibank.=================
    ===========How can they say that when his income is an uknown factor at this poing?

19. lbrown59

===========How can they say that when his income is an uknown factor at this point??