Citibank retention success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Apr 4, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

So it's been 30 days, time to call them up again.

Same old line "i'm going to transfer to my new 2.9% intro rate".

"Well you have a very low 11.4% APR now."

"What can you do for me (i said)?".

"Best we can do is drop you rate 1% to 10.4% effective immediately".

"Thank you, you've been very nice.."

(click).

I got 11.4% a little over a month ago. My account next month will be at 6 month(6 billing cycles).

Go citibank!

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Citibank retention success

WHAT NUMBER DID YOU CALL????????

Just called the number on the back of my card and they totally bs'd me. Said they would pull an inquiry, etc.???

3. am

am Guest

are you saying you JUST got your card six months ago????
    wow....

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

1-800-950-5114

Exact words , "I'd like to speak with customer retention. I am thinking about transferring out my balances to another credit card. I'd like to see what they can do for me."

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

am, Yes like others here, i got my card in last october. My fico is 565.

6. Cadillac408

O.k. Here goes nothing....

7. am

am Guest

That is most wonderful!!!!!!!!
    I tried to talk to rentention a month or so ago--said I didn't even qualify to talk to them due to an over the limit at the beginning of the year. My interest rate is 24.99 or some such nonsense

8. am

am Guest

Well....I hope you had more luck than I did.....they wouldn't LET me talk to retention.
    Too bad, so sad for me I guess :(

9. Cadillac408

NO DICE!

Frustrating!!!!!

Called and talked to another rep.....VERY NICE LADY! I told her word for word, "I'd like to speak with customer retention. I am thinking about transferring out my balances to another credit card. I'd like to see what they can do for me." and she said, o.k. please hold.....then came back and stated that due to information on my bureau (TU) she wasn't even able to transer me to retention! Can you believe that!? Computer wouldn't let her transfer at all!

I requested an increase back in like Oct. and was denied. I'm guessing this: That they go on the last report that they obtained on you (wheather soft or hard) and that's what the computer goes by. So, I'm guessing that I'll have to either A. have them pull another inquiry or B. wait until they pull a soft inquiry for account review. If I do B, then once this report is in effect.....I might be eligable for an increase w/o a hard inquiry. I guess I'll have to check my TU report and see how often they do account reviews. My TU report is in GREAT shape now that Junum is on it. It looks way better than it did in Oct. that's for sure.

Oh well.......life continues....

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: NO DICE!

Sucky. I'm sure if they pulled my report they would have seen how crappy it is. :(

They make no sense at all.

11. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

They are crazy!!! You are a great customer.

I will put you on my account as an AU w/ no card.

You know how we do it!!!!

Reshod

12. am

am Guest

Funny thing for me is that I got a $1000.00 increase in Jan asked for another last month and was told that I was at the max allowed line with my income.
    When my husband got his last card, his limit was 11500 and mine is now (on classic) 4200.00 go figure that one

13. Cadillac408

Reshod

AU w/ no card? HA!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

If this would of been a year ago, I would of accepted your offer. I think I'm straight now....