Citibank Retention

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jul 18, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Called Customer Service, said I cannot accept the APR they've assigned and wish to speak w/ Retention.

A Retention agent took the call. Same as Customer Service, he said he cannot lower the permanent APR just yet since I have no history w/ them (didn't even get the card yet). He offered that I use the card for a few months, and when some account history accrues, I can call him again.

I said, at 14.9% I'm not using this card even one day. He asked that I wait, then said that until I get a permanent lower rate, I can now use the card at 9.9% APR, rate is good for 6 months. He said he's sure by the time it expires, I'll be eligible for a permanent reduction, and I should give him a call later on.

He also said he can offer me a fee-free 5.9% balance transfer rate anytime. Now that's what I call service :)

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

agreed. citibank rocks. They have never pulled any shenanigans on me, and my score was in the sewer since day 1 with them..

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I CAN'T EVEN GET A "PRE-APPROVED" CARD...approval # sticker and authorization # sticker.

Can't get approved on-line.
    Retention won't help me.

What amazes me is I was a card holder a few years ago (two accounts).

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Saar, I'm getting jealous of you

Getting all these good cc offers. I wish I had your report. Congratulations!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Saar, I'm getting jealous of yo

Thanks, mother2.

Don't be! These were not pre-approvals, and I had a ton of inquiries when I applied. Sam has just posted that his score was 5XX at the time they approved him.

Cheer up,

Saar

6. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement

Maybe I'll try Citibank instead of Discover.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks for the encouragement

JUST F.Y.I. I COULDN'T GET CITIBANK PLAT SELECT W/698 F.I.C.O.

I CAN'T ASSUME ANYTHING SINCE MANY PEOPLE W/ LOWER F.I.C.O.'S HAVE BEEN DOING WAY BETTER THAN ME FOR A LONG TIME!!!

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Saar, a belated congrats on your new Citi account. They have been very good to me so far and I am sure after a few months with them, you can just call customer service and request a rate decrease. I got my rate decreased by simply asking the rep, I never threaten to close or was I transferred to retention. My hubby got a rate decrease through email, I sent it of course, but just simply asked them for a lower rate, had the answer within 8 hours.