Citibank stuff (Roni?)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Noel, Nov 17, 2000.

1. Noel

Noel Guest

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me
    the details of applying for the citibank AA
    advantage silver and gold cards. I think I read that you should apply for them 60 days apart? Also which one has instant approval?
    Maybe Roni could tell me in which order she applied and at how long of intervals? I'm hoping for high limits if it makes a difference in regards to the advice I'm given. Thanks

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

They will only accept 2 applications in a 60 day period. You can apply for 2 cards at the same time. Do you want to know where to find it online?

roni,

Noel wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me
    the details of applying for the citibank AA
    advantage silver and gold cards. I think I read that you should apply for them 60 days apart? Also which one has instant approval?
    Maybe Roni could tell me in which order she applied and at how long of intervals? I'm hoping for high limits if it makes a difference in regards to the advice I'm given. Thanks

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Hi. I'm not Roni but maybe my experience will help.

About a month ago, I applied for both silver and gold CitiBank AA cards and was approved for both. The limit for each card was the same, $9,000.

Initially, I applied for the silver and, based on some advice received from Roni on another board, I submitted my application for the gold three days later.

In each case, approval was granted instantly. However, a few days after applying, I did receive a phone call just to verify the info for my gold card.

Based on my experience, go ahead and apply for both. Allowing time in between applications won't make any difference.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Donna

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Hi Donna

How have you been? Girl, did you read my post from last night. Once again, I was up late and got an idea. You can upgrade you silver to a platinum. Did you read about it and have you tried it?

roni.

Donna wrote:
    Hi. I'm not Roni but maybe my experience will help.

About a month ago, I applied for both silver and gold CitiBank AA cards and was approved for both. The limit for each card was the same, $9,000.

Initially, I applied for the silver and, based on some advice received from Roni on another board, I submitted my application for the gold three days later.

In each case, approval was granted instantly. However, a few days after applying, I did receive a phone call just to verify the info for my gold card.

Based on my experience, go ahead and apply for both. Allowing time in between applications won't make any difference.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Donna

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE:noel.

It get a little confusing but using the website so gracious provided by MP$40, you can access the silver or gold by clicking the AA Aadvantage world card , then the other aadvantage cards pop up. That is if you dont find it automatically. Just trying to help.

roni

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: Hi Donna

Good hearing from you, Roni. :)

How exciting about the Citibank Platinum! You've gotta be totally jazzed!

No, I haven't called to upgrade my silver yet but you can bet I will. What do I do? Simply ask that the silver card be converted? Certainly I'll try. As the old adage goes, nothing ventured; nothing gained.

Roni, I crown you the queen of credit restoration! What you've been able to accomplish over the past 18 months is simply phenominal! You've worked very hard and more than deserve the credit you've gotten.

On another note, the threads on this board are a bit hard to follow. I'm not catching all of the new messages.

Thanks.

Donna

8. roni.

roni. Guest

They drop the new notation after a few hours. Oh well, other than that the board is great. I would recommend that converting technique. I just said I wanted it upgraded, with my sweetest voice of course. They have the platinum select or the Dividend platinum which you get cash back. Good Luck in your pursuit of Plat. Be careful calling me queen around here. There are some mean mo-jos on this site. The 'hate' with a passion.

roni.

Donna wrote:
    Good hearing from you, Roni. :)

How exciting about the Citibank Platinum! You've gotta be totally jazzed!

No, I haven't called to upgrade my silver yet but you can bet I will. What do I do? Simply ask that the silver card be converted? Certainly I'll try. As the old adage goes, nothing ventured; nothing gained.

Roni, I crown you the queen of credit restoration! What you've been able to accomplish over the past 18 months is simply phenominal! You've worked very hard and more than deserve the credit you've gotten.

On another note, the threads on this board are a bit hard to follow. I'm not catching all of the new messages.

Thanks.

Donna

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Any advisaries you have here, Roni, are probably just jealous. I've watched your progress. I know how hard you've worked. My queen-of-credit restoration comment was meant to make you smile.

So there really is no good way to tell which messages are new on the board. I try to go through several groups of them, using my speech synthesizer, but that's a lot of chatter to listen to. But there's a lot of good info to be gained here and my time on the board is well spent.

I'll call Citibank about the Platinum upgrade this evening and post the results later.

Thanks.

Donna

10. roni.

roni. Guest

hey donna

Have you tried to view the threads. Click that button and see if you can see all the new messages.

roni

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: hey donna

Roni, I'm tabbing through the links here....I use a keyboard, rather than a mouse...and I don't hear anything about viewing threads. What I'm finding is an option for newer messages and older messages. But I'll go back and look some more.

Thanks.

Donna