*Citibank* / TransUnion Messed

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

So,

I am totally fuming right now! I got out to my mailbox and there lies my Citibank statement. I open it up and guess what I read at the bottom?

"The annual percentage rate on your account has been increased due to one of the following reasons stated in your card agreement w/ us: you failed to make a payment to us or any other creditor when due, you exceeded your credit line or you made a payment to us that was not honored by your bank."

I immediately called Citibank to see what the f*&%! They stated that TransUnion contacted THEM to inform them that I wasn't holding up my end of the bargin w/ another creditor! I could not believe this. I HAVE NOT paid late on any of my accounts PERIOD! I only have 7 cards and the are all in PERFECT standing w/ no lates, no over the credit line, no nothing! I can't believe this! I am totally outraged. And the Citibank rep didn't do s*&% for me but give me some address to write to to dispute credit report stuff, etc. I can't believe this. I guess I need to contact TransUnion ASAP! I don't get it. Could this be because I disputed a judgment on TransUnion? I hope not. I am totally at a loss for words right now. Citibank just lowerd my APR like 3 weeks ago and they even sent me confirmation on it. So I basically went from 21.4% to 17.4% to 19.4% all in one billing cycle!

The biggest problem that I have is this: I have been a customer of Citibank since 6/92. I have been late 1 time in the past 8 1/2 f*&%ing years (and that was due to the mail)! Say I did decided to blow off all my other creditors, why would Citibank care? They have gotten their money w/o a problem for years! This is bunk and you better believe TransUnion is going to receive a phone call from the crazy psycho in me first thing TOMORROW! :-||

2. banking di

banking di Guest

RE: *Citibank* / TransUnion Me

Trans Union or any other CRA cannot contact
    a credit unsolicited and inform them of any
    status, this violates the fair credit reporting act and is prohibited by federal law. If this is the case, I would attempt to get citibank to state this in writting, which legally they have to do if requested.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I think it could be the judgment thing MP$40. Since citi has that little clause in the agreement, I dont see how you can get out of this. I know you are mad, but dont piss off transunion, so that they dont delete your judgement. Hold tight.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'm on the phone w/ Citibank right now! I'm waiting for an account supervisor.

O.k. just spoke w/ a supervisor and he stated that when I requested my APR to be lowered, they pulled a report off of TransUnion an saw negative information, thus resulting in them raising the APR.

I guess I'm not too hot anymore because it is in the disclosure and Citibank has the right to do so. I just was going by what 2 reps told me.....that TransUnion contacted them! I guess they were wrong...

And your right Roni, I'm not going to make the lunatic phone call to TransUnion and disturb my judgment dispute. I'll sit tight for now. Boy was I hot though....

5. none

none Guest

If you don't mind me asking, what is the negative info?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

A judgement. She said that. dang? lol