Citibank Update:

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 5, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

The gold card came today. That means it took exactly 8 days to come after approval. Lady there should be something in the mail for you by tomorrow.

2. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: Yippeee, It's Here

Hi Roni, the card came today. Now I am waiting to see what type of balance transfer offer that they will give. We were told to call back in 2-4 days to see. So I wait again. :) By the way, did you ask them for a balance transfer offer?

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

no, lady I dont really owe thing on my other cards.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Congratulations

oh yeah, congrats!

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats Roni, darn wish hubby was home, I applied for him online but got message we received you application blah blah, will hear through mail. I am thinking denial, but I usally get those letters very quickly in mail. I am hoping he got approved, but I can't call to check his status because I am not him, and he isn't home:( Wish that had an automated repsonse, oh well

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats Lady Carr, I forget do you get instant approval online or not?

7. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

RE: To Momof3

Thanks Momof3, my husband got the instant approval and my app got the the message about futher processing. Which I got the denial letter today. But that's OK, considering my husband got 10,000. Good luck on your husbands app. Did you apply for yourself too?

8. bethany

bethany Guest

I hope you have better luck compared to me. Read the message I posted today about Citibank.

9. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Congratulations! I applied but just received the dreaded "not approved" letter today. My wife applied the day after I did and today she got a call from them verifying her current address (a call I never got). Think there might be a chance for hers?

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: To Momof3

No I am keeping mine clear for a while. I have a citibank platinum and i am quite happy, I was just trying to build up his credit some, but since you got the message and denial, I am thinking he got the denial too:(

11. alice

alice Guest

where do you apply for citibank online

12. Tom

Tom Guest

www.citicards.com

13. debbie

debbie Guest

Hi:

I called yesterday to verify status of Gold application. Rep. said they were in the proccess of verifing tel. since it's in my husband's name. She asked me his full name and put me on hold. When she came back, told me she had verified the tel. successfully and that I was approved, with a limit of 9k. (cool!) But now I don't know if to keep both cards. Having 18k in credit really scares me. I only have Providian with 4k limit and a Sears card with 1,200 limit. Also my husband got approved for gold with 6k limit. Do you guys think I should turn one of these cards in or keep them both? Any input is greatly appreciated. :}

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Debbie a card with a higher credit limit is very beneficial to your overall credit score. Overtime it will raise your score. In essence, if you can decrease the # of cards and increase the credit limit your credit score will increase. Of course you do not want to run up the balances on the cards. Providian will give up many increases also. I dont think 4 cards that's including your sears will hurt at all. 3-4 cards with high credit limits and low balances is exactly where you want to be. Good Work.