Citibank upper their rates

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, May 2, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well looks like citibank is going to up the interest rate. I got some information with my bill today. I am currently paying 10%, and I thought it was fixed. Anybody else get this with their statements??

2. JP

JP Guest

Mom

I don't carry a Citibank card, but Discover raised the rate on my Platinum card by 2 points and Fleet gave me the choice of a 10.9 Fixed rate or a variable rate. My previous rate with Fleet was 7.99%. In real interesting move, my credit union lowered my rate from 14.16% to 9.9% for life.

Regards,
    JP

3. Lesa

Lesa Guest

Same here w/ Fleet sending me a nice note saying: due to the Federal Reserve rate going up, we are doing the same to you because we are just not making enough money off you now! Isn't that special!! Gotta get blood from a stone somehow or another!

4. Fred Johns

Fred Johns Guest

My wife has a Fleet 7.9% card, but she has not used it very much and always paid it in full (currently it has 0 balance) - we got a letter saying they were keeping her at 7.9% but now charging her an annual fee (I think $ 35) - I wonder if she had kept a balance if they would have just raised her rate instead of charging her a fee (raising the rate on her card gets Fleet nothing , but the annual fee at least puts that in their pocket).