CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Sep 15, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T USE THE PULL-DOWN LOOKING FOR A "PRE-APPROVED" LIMIT INCREASE!!!

I just got off the phone with the IVORY TOWER!!!

"EVERY TIME YOU TRY IT...IT ACTUALLY MAKES A "HIT" ON OUR COMPUTER...IT ACTUALLY CHECKS FOR A "PRE-APPROVED" LIMIT INCREASE AT THAT TIME---YOU EVEN TRIED IT 7 TIMES IN ONE DAY RECENTLY...WAIT 6-12 MORE MONTHS BEFORE YOU DO IT AGAIN"

I ASKED ABOUT THE 1.90% + PRIME...NO GO!!!
    "OFFER IS ACCOUNT SPECIFIC"

SHE GAVE ME A LITTLE MORE INFORMATION ON THE ATTEMPTED CASH ADVANCE THAT WAS DENIED...

PFB---09/05/03 TO 09/15/03---PFB WORKS FAST...EVEN IF I DIDN'T GET ANYTHING OTHER THAN INFORNMATION I CAN PASS ON TO YOU!!!

2. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

What!!???

Suppose I'm trying to do something else and I click on that by mistake?

I don't check the credit limit increase too often, but I do check the BT page pretty regularly. Did they say if that is a problem?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CREDIT LIMIT "PULL-DOWN"...NOTHING TO DO WITH BT "PULL-DOWN"

4. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Good. I'll make sure I skip the CL after this. They did give me an automatic CL increase a couple of months ago.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I just checked it "OFTEN" because EVERYBODY here said it may just POP UP A CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE NO INQUIRY...BUT IF YOU DON'T SAY ACCEPT...IT WON'T HAPPEN!!!

6. gh0st

gh0st Member

I check that CL option often myself. About every 6 months, I get a Auto increase by using that option. It never seems to affect any decisions they make. Maybe they are just using it to see how many people are using the other features on their site. I check the BT once a month also.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can always FILL IN THE BLANKS...but there is a 99% chance that a "HARD" will happen!!! And you may or may not get a CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE FOR YOUR TROUBLE...

8. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

GEORGE, I don't understand what you're saying. Are you implying that if you check for a pre-approved limit increase often, that your chances of recieving one are less?

9. ef

ef Well-Known Member

I have never received an "automatic" C/L when using the pull-down CL request -- I have always been taken to the "request C/L increase" page with some of the fields already filled in (income / employer, etc.). So CITI already has this in their logs that I am asking for an increase without pressing the SUBMIT button?

My strategy for increasing my Citi C/L from 4K to 10K in 9 months is by requesting an increase every 3 months in 2K increments. Have not received a hard since January '03.

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

YES...

You just "LOOK" to see if you got any "PRE-APPROVED" CLI and the computer know it!!!

I'm NOT talking about answering any of the questions...this is JUST LOOKING!!!

"YOU EVEN TRIED IT 7 TIMES IN ONE DAY RECENTLY"---the computer knows...

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE "IVORY TOWER" SAID "GIVE IT A REST"

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I only checked it because people here said that sometimes an automatic increase came up. I think the theory was that it wouldn't be automatic unless you went online and accepted it.

This tends to contradict that theory. You'll get the increase anyway. I never did see mine online (I don't check every day or even every week). It just showed up on my bill.

So, I guess I never select that pulldown. In about 4 or 5 more months I'll see what happens.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

"IF" it is THERE and you DON'T ACCEPT IT...it won't happen...THAT IS WHY I CHECKED IT OFTEN...

At my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY I got a CLI that showed up on the statement...and ON-LINE...

I guess I will have to stear clear of that CLI "PULL-DOWN"

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T DO IT 7 TIMES IN ONE DAY LIKE I DID...

Maybe I will wait till DECEMBER 2003 or maybe I will call on the phone and ask "IF" there is any "PRE-APPROVED" CLI on their screen...

15. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I bet they keep records of the calls, too.

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

"I just want to know if you have any 'PRE-APPROVED' CREDIT LIMIT INCREASES showing on the computer screen---I DON'T WANT TO APPLY"

YES OR NO...they "PROBABLY" don't make a note of your inquiry about a CLI...

Make the PRIMARY REASON YOU CALL...something else...

Can I change my due date to earlier in the month???
    Can I get a lower BT rate than 8.90%???
    I have trouble with the magnetic stripe sometimes I have to run it 4 or 5 times before it works...can I get a new card???
    Can I get an "AU" card for my SON/DAUGHTER he/she is not 18 yet???

WHEN THEY ASK IF THERE IS ANYTHING ELSE...HIT THEM WITH THE CLI QUESTION...

17. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I like the magnetic stripe excuse, except for one problem--those are my BT cards, and not used for purchases.

In fact, when I called about my last BT the rep asked me if I wanted a better card, then said "never mind, I see you don't have any purchases anyway."

Now if it was my MileagePlus Visa, I could tell them I "wore it out" and they'd probably believe me. Same for Wal*Mart.

18. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

GEORGE--I have the Wal*Mart store card. Do they have a MasterCard or Visa? If so, who issues it? Can you convert the store card or do you have to apply again?

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

WAL*MART "store" card is MCCBG
    WAL*MART M/C is CHASE

NO TRADING---NO COMBINING
    TWO SEPARATE COMPANIES

20. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: CITIBANK---WARNING!!!

Oh, well, there goes my idea of getting a Wal*Mart MasterCard. I loathe Chase.

I don't have any problems with the store card, just looking for another "backup."