citibank website CL increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Feb 15, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Citibank's website has a feature called "express request" that allows you to get an instant CL increase. It comes back in about a nanosecond so I don't think my request generated a CRA inquiry. The system raised my limit from 6K to $7200. I'm just past the six month mark (in the seventh billing cycle). Very cool.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: citibank website CL increa

by the way, the previous post referred to the plat. select card.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: express denial.

If you are < 6 months :)

Dont ask, i know.

4. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: express denial.

Citibank does increase your CL every 9 months under their normal credit review, in some cases if you have execellent credit,and pay much more then the min-due,you can get one in just 6 months after opening up their credit card account by requesting it.I would avoid of trying to get one after 6 months because they will pull your credit report resulting an inquirie if you would apply for the increase.I find that it is best not to ask for an increase on any credit card.I don't have to ask,they raise me automaticually on all of my accounts.I got a citibank drivers edge card back 01/08/01,and when i reach 10/08/01 they will have CL increase waiting for me to claim without appying for it.Now that is good service from citibank.To find out after you got 9 months in with citibank to see if you do have a CL increase just call their 800 number,and follow their options menu like entering your card number,and last four numbers of your SSN.After you do this,and you do qualify you will get a greeting from their recording saying "congradulations you have qualified for an credit line increase,to accept please press 1,and you will get a CSR to tell you how much they have increased your credit line to,and they may offer you a special B.T. low A.P.R. offer for 6 months if not more.Remember to call after you get 9 months in ,and see if you do have a automatic increase waiting for you.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: cool.

cool. I'm gonna try the magic button at 6 months, by the way, DON'T PRESS THE BUTTON ON THE WEB PAGE unless you have 6 months, it will result in a denial straight up! Theres no "Consideration" its just "click the button, get a letter 7 days later", theres no information past the link.

to save a few heartbreaks. It used to be a "form" you fill out, now its a do or die button.

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Yeah, I 'accidentally' requested an increase on Plat Select by clicking the link (I thought the form would come up). My account is only 4 months old - happened exactly the way you said.

7. ble103

ble103 Guest

To find out this information on if you qualify for the increase,do it by phone only,not the website.It is the voice system that let's you know if you do got the incease,and if so press 1 to accept.You will connect to a CSR to inform you how much they have incease your credit line to.Do this after you have got 9 months in with citibank.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

If you call via phone, do they pull a CR?

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Someone here told me yes a while back, i forget who.

I was explained if you ASK for a credit increase you must provide information, to the credit increase department, a separate division that handles the requests (and slowly). They will review your credit file(s), your history, and make a decision.

What i was told by the other member is if anything changes to lower you score, they can and DID decline the person AND raise their interest rate. Hence, i wait..

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I think that member might of been me! I did request a mere $200 increase so that I could meet the $1k minimun credit line to upgrade to Platinum. They pulled my TU report and I guess got sick or something ;-) and took away half of APR reduction that they had just granted me like a week prior (from 21.9% to 17.9% to 19.9%) and sent me a b.s. letter stating why they did that! I was so HOT! But what could I do? They know I'm not going anywhere......been a customer since 1992! So the only thing I can do is to keep my balance low, pay on time (like I've been), and clean up my TU report (which I have been). I've gotten a judgment and some paid student loan collections off of there so it looks much better. I think I'll wait until after I see the second round of Junum disputes before I go buggin Citibank.

11. ble103

ble103 Guest

When you call citibanks voice system,and after you enter your card number,etc you should here a greeting that says "congradulations you have qualified for an automatic credit line increase" if you want the increase please press 1 now.Then a CSR will assist you,and let you know how much your new credit line is.If you don't here this special greeting when you call,don't request it because if you do then they will pull your credit report.They don't pull your credit report if you get the special congradulations greeting for an automatic credit line increase.

12. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: how much

Was your original line, and how much of an increase did you get after 9 months ??

13. ble103

ble103 Guest

RE: how much

My orignal line $7,000.00,and they raised it $1,400.00 without applying for it,no inquirie i even checked my credit report,and there is no inquirie from citibank at all.They raise your credit limit based on your payment history,and how you use the card.So your increase will be different then what i got,it can be more then mine,or it can be less then mine.It all depends on your total credit history with all lenders.