Citibank world mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Last month my husband let the rep from Citi talk him into upgrading his AAgold card to the worldmastercard ( any other time I am home) anyway I just viewed his report and score from Equifax and now his limit is NOT showing on Equifax!!! Does anyone else have this card and if so does your limit not appear anymore?? I am so glad I have repeatedly told them NO when they call me to upgrade.

2. c5kirk

c5kirk Well-Known Member

Mom...

I also upgraded from an AAdvantage account to the World card a couple of months ago and it is still reporting the revolving portion of the credit line on all 3 CR's.

Kirk

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Kirk, maybe it was a glitch with EQ online report, the limit space was blank, but it still appears on TU and EX.

Thanks again

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE WORLD MASTERCARD...you are supposed to go "OVER LIMIT"...with-out penalty...but must pay any overage on next bill...

If you reported LIMIT $20,000
    HIGH BALANCE $26,907

MANY CREDIT CARD COMPANIES WOULD ASK QUESTIONS...OR JUST DENY YOU...
    (THEY WOULD NOT REALLY KNOW IT IS A "WORLD" CARD)...

You might be able to have them HIGH BALANCE AS THE LIMIT...JUST ASK THEM...or just get the other card back!!!

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have heard that the World AAdavantage MC does not report limits due the no
    pre-set spending limits feature

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Citibank does not report the credit limit on this card. I tried to get it reported to all three but was successful only with TU. The theory for not reporting is that the card has no preset limit. This failure to report could be either good or bad depending on whether you need to show a good ratio of debt to limits or if you would rather not show how much credit is actually available when you are seeking additional credit-- especially a mortgage.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave, I thought someone mentioned that before. I will give hubby heck when he gets home LOL.

I will NOT upgrade no matter what they offer, I need my limit to show:)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ASK THEM FOR THE OLD CARD BACK...AND DON'T LET THEM PULL A "HARD"...

9. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

That's the card I received when I read about Roni's success last fall and applied for (with an existing Citibank settlement from 6 years ago).

Just be careful - if you go over the revolving limit like I did, your interest rate soars to almost 25%! I'm trying to get it down after making some large payments and NOT going over the revolving limit. Darn that fine print!