Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, Apr 5, 2000.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I recently found out that Citibank offers a secured Visa and Mastercard so I called them and requested an application. I thought that this would be a good idea to help my credit since I have a Citibank card that was charged off about 6 years ago. Since then, I have negotiated with a collection agency and I am paying them on installment and will have the debt paid off in 2 months. The problem is that when I received the application in the mail, the intro letter made a note that concerns me. After the nice intro, it stated: P.S. Your application will be denied if you have any serious delinqencies witin that last 6 months. My question is should I still apply,
    and does anyone have a Secured Visa or Mastercard? Also what do you think any serious delinquencies mean? I have negative credit that is still showing up from years ago, but I don't have any recent accounts with negative marks..

2. John Debto

John Debto Guest

Oh, too bad that you paid it. I don't think we owe a cent to these purchasers of charge-offs (defintely not if the statute of limitations has past). You are just enriching them with your payments. Your FIRST payment probably covered their cost to buy your debt from Citibank.

I doubt Citibank would give you a card with anything negative from them still on your reports. Citibank sucks, you don't need them for anything!

3. jeff

jeff Guest

i would apply you should also look at orchard bank

4. Lorrie

Lorrie Guest

Citibank does not suck. I have a platinum card with them that I have had for 5-6 years, and I have never had a problem. They've been good to me.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.....