Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jzilla, Mar 26, 2001.

1. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Well, I've been lurking around here for awhile but now I need some direct advice. I applied for a Citi AA Silver. I called to find out the status and was denied due to a chargeoff less than two years old. They pulled Transunion. I informed her that I had nothing bad on my credit since 9/97. I ordered a Transunion last week and it should be here any day. She said if it didn't show such a charge off, to fax the report to them and they would approve me as that was the only reason for denial. Are collection accounts considered charge offs? That's all that I have and they are all medical. The only thing that it could also have been has been contacted and they say that they haven't reported anything. It's a collection account that I caught before it was reported and I'm paying it off as agreed to keep it off of my reports. It's also from 9/97-hospital bill. I have four lines(sub prime) and a car loan, all perfect payments, 2 over 1 1/2 years old. Now my question is, do they consider the last update the date of the chargeoff or the original reporting date? There is no activity with any of the accounts. Just regular unpaid collections, waiting to fall off my report in 9/2004. I have current copies of Experian and Equifax right now. They are pretty much identical. My last Transunion is close, but older. I guess I just have to wait and continue to pull my hair out until I can see for my self what this is.
    Jill

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I think that the collection accounts are the negative marks in your report. If you have no collection accounts, you will have better chance to get the card.

3. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Yea, I know they're negatives. What I was trying to find out is if they can consider a 4 1/2 year od collection less than two years old for any reason other than activity, such as suddenly paying on it, which I know will reset the clock. She didn't seem too concerned about the older accounts, just one that is supposedly less than two years old.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how long it is and they still count as negative. They will not approve it if they see any negative in your report. It doesn't matter how long ago it is. When I applied for my Clickcredit Citi Plat.,all my charge-off accounts came off from my credit reports.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I just got the citi click platinum - they pulled Equifax, which has paid tax liens still on it - they're 5 years old.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Breeze,
    Congradulations Breeze. I applied for Citi Click Plat and they pulled Experian and I don't have any negative in my credit report.

7. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I have a couple collectins accounts, a cc settlement and a charge off on my credit and got Plat Select. My husband's credit is worse due to duplication of accounts and they just gave him 11,500
    :)

8. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

Well, I got my Transunion and there is nothing newer on it than 9/97. I called them back and was told to circle the dates on each item and fax it to them. They will review it and give me an answer in a few days. Keep your fingers crossed.