CitiOffice of the President called!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Aug 22, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Hello all,

I went out on a lunch break at work to pick up supplies for my classroom. Upon my return, I find out that citibank called. The secretary stated she was busy and couldnt take a message, but the person said she would leave a message on my home phone. Now, I am thinking that the match my go into overtime. So I call my voice mail to check and see if anyone called and there it is a message from The Office of the President for Citibank. She left a number for me to call but I didnt have a pencil/pen (I was in a bookroom) nearby.

I believe this would be in reference to the Planetfeedback letter I sent last week. I complained about the miscommunication given to me by citibank customer representatives. I demanded a 2nd card with a low APR and high balance.

I am going to call when I get home and will let you all know the outcome.

Mike G.

ps
    I hope she is up to par with Mr. Miller.

2. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

Mikeg,
    When i read your post i was shocked! talk about deja vu for I was going through the same problems as you (multiple inquiries for one application, decline for credit card.) I too sent Citibank a letter via planetfeedback and what do you know - I received a call this morning from Citibank's executive offices. I called him back and explained my situation. He was extremely helpful. As a result, I was approved for an AAdvantage card. Earlier I had applied for a Mastercard and he said that Citibank's policy was to only accept one application per 6 months (they want to establish some history). I don't know whether to contest that because I creditreport looks like it suffered a driveby from Citibank in the inquiry department (4 inquiries - 1 card). I hope everything turned out as well for you as it did me - let us know the results.

One question, how long did you have your first citibank card before applying for the second?

ledo

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks Ledo,

I was approved for the card on Monday. I am going to ask for a higher credit limit and an APR .09 + rate. Let's see what she can do!

Mike G.

4. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

very cool. that definitely seems like something they would easily do. i had to speak to the office several times today apparently someone opened an account in my name w/o my authorization. as a result he was all over the place talking to various departments. i too had complained bitterly that i was talking to several representatives per day and faxing various documents and for what - to have everyone tell me a different answer. he essentially broke it down for me and told me what i needed to know. why couldn't a supervisor tell me the same info in the begining? now i am just a tad bit nervous to see what my long distance bill will look like. i know i had edited this question into the previous post - but i still gotta konw: how long did you have your first ciitbank card before applying for the seond?

thanks

5. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I believe it was a couple of hours after I was approved for the first card (was given limit information). I posted my success here to the board and many suggested that I immediately apply for a second to combine into the Platinum Select card. I believe I made an error because I applied for the silver card again and not the gold card. Many here have talked about being approved for 2 cards within minutes of each submission.

Mike G.

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Ditch school, man! Inquiring minds have got to know!!!!!

<GRIN> Just kidding, but the excitement is thrilling and it's not even my business!

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yes, this is great news!!

breeze

8. ledo

ledo Well-Known Member

i called up the office again. as excited as i am to be receiving a citibank card there is no way i could justify 4 inquiries. (see what this board has done to me!!?!?!?) he said they could not issue an additional card (requirements are that new accounts have to age) so i told him okay however 2 out of the 4 inquiries have got to go. this is where it got funny. he tried to tell me that it was w/i my rights to post a consumer statement about the inquires and i responded people don't look at consumer statements. he hemmed and hawed so i made a deal with him, i will keep the two inquiries for they are honestly mine however the other 2 need to be soft inquiries for i did not authorize them and the folks at fraud did not tell me that another report would need to be pulled. he seemed quite amendable to this and would get back to me tomorrow. as of now the saga continues and i am feeling drained.

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

sorry guys, I didnt get home until approx. 7:00pm. Will call first thing in the morning.

Mike G.