Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by faztcobra, Aug 26, 2003.

1. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Got an email from Providian that allows you to check your FICO scores on www.myfico.com for only $9.99. It's usually $12.95 and only $11.65 if you use one of the discount codes commonly posted on here. This was even cheaper so I figured I'd let you all know. Go to the website and use discount code "pvn814". Says the offer is good until 8/15.

2. NJones

NJones Well-Known Member

Good until 8/15? I hope you mean 8/15 of 2004!

3. faztcobra

Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

You caught me - BUSTED! It's actually good until Sept 15. Thanks for catching that.

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Thanks for that tip!

5. rp56

rp56 Member

This may be a dumb question . . . . but is this for the 3-in-1, or only for one of the three CRA's? Just wanted to make sure.

6. SoParkDiva

This is $9.99 for each of the CRA reports.

7. faztcobra

Yeah, what So Park said. You can choose 1 at a time and pay $9.99 or choose all 3 and pay $9.99 each($29.97 total).

8. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Does that price let you check the scores only once? I mean is there any way to have access to them whenever you want so you can check them periodically, or do you have to pay every time you want to see them?

9. SoParkDiva

You can only see your scores once for that price. The scores are not updated that frequently so there is no need to check daily. You should pay more attention to your reports and what's on them.

You can click here to see your updated reports daily for a special introductory price of $1 for 3 months. After 3 months the price goes up to $89 for one year. You get all 3 reports and one FICO score (Equifax) for that price which is fairly accurate.

It's a good deal. jump on it while it lasts :)

10. faztcobra

Daily? Wow! Can't believe I've been here for 2 months now and didn't know that. I meant, I've heard people talk about PG, but never actually went to the website. Thanks for the info!

11. faztcobra

How accurate is the PG credit score for Equifax? I just enrolled and it said my EQ score was 707...quite a jump from the 681 that myfico.com has. Of course, I haven't checked myfico in a couple of weeks, but a 26 pt jump is quite crazy considering I just closed on a house AND applied for like 3 CCs right after the closing.

12. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

It varies either way...758 EQ on PG vs. 777 "true" EQ, 729 TU on PG, real TU FICO is undoubtedly much lower.

13. crofttk

crofttk Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

WRONG !

The score or scores you get at PG ARE NOT FICO.
    They are worthless FAKO CreditXpert scores.

They only use for the PG score is that a change may alert you to see what changed in the EQ column.

14. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

No you are wrong. The PG FICO score is based on the Equifax score & it says that right on the PG website. If it isn't then why are my PG FICO and Equifax FICO exactly the same?

15. crofttk

Not at all. It's a CreditXpert score calculated by an algorithm, owned by Neuristics, and has very little useful correlation with a FICO score. FICO is calculated by an algorithm owned by Fair Isaac.

75% of lenders use FICOscores, either the same one you can buy or one of many customized FICO scores available.. A minor portion of lenders use CreditXpert scores for lending decisions.,

16. crofttk

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

Nope, I ain't.

What it says is that the PG FICO score is based on the data in your EQ file. So, now read it again and then provide a quote here so we can see how wrong I am.

While you're at it, why don't you read your score report from PG and let us know what you find where it tells you the trademarked name of the scoring algorithm it's based on ?

Pure coincidence, absolutely nothing more.

P.S. Yes, I cheated and softened my salutation a little. OK, even made a 2nd pass to tone down the emotions further.

17. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

One difference in PG's/CXP algorithm (vs. FICO)...anything that doesn't have a stated credit limit is either treated as a credit limit of the current balance or zero, whichever is higher (100% utilized either way).

FICO will accept a "high balance" in it's calculations in lieu of a stated limit...PG/CXP won't.

18. kingsx

kingsx Active Member

The score listed on PG is definately CreditXpert and not a FICO score. My Fico score is about 40 points higher than the bogus CreditXpert on PG. If you pull your report and score directly from Equifax or Myfico.com then you will recieve a FICO score.

KingsX

19. faztcobra

Re: Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

Ok, I'm lost. I've joined this - how do you get your updated reports? I go and look and it still shows the report from Aug 28 - the day I joined.

20. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ck your CR on myfico.com for $9.99

You need to login, click on view reports. On the next screen, click on "3b report with 1b score" on the LEFT SIDE, not the one in the middle.

On the next screen enter your SSN and click "I agree" at the bottom. Don't enter any credit card info.

Submit and wait a few seconds for the new "get my report" button to appear.

With respect to the scores you get with PG, they are definitely NOT FICO scores. PG is a wonderful tool for closely monitoring your reports but worthless for monitoring your score. As a matter of fact, we've had a couple of instances where PG went up and FICO went down and vice versa. Therefore, it is not a completely reliable tool even for how your true FICO scores are trending.

DemPooches