Class Action Settlement Notice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Laray, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I received one in the mail from Providian today. It has my name, account number and says "Please find enclosed a court ordered notice. It is not a solicitation. Providians records show that you do not qualify for any of the claim types identified in the Notice. However, you may receive other benefits under the settlement. No claim form is needed.

The enclosed notice details you rights, the claims process, and how to get more information."

Anyone else get one of these?

2. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Got mine last week said same thing. But not sure if I read it right but I thought it to say if you paid for your credit line increases you were part of suit but my note from providian said I did not qualify.???

3. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I didnt read the enclosed pamphlet, my brain is already fried! I have only had my card for roughly 3 months....but from what you said I am assuming this notice is due to people paying for increases? If thats the case, I know I paid CapOne around 49 dollars for a 200 increase at christmas time and they said it was a finance charge!

4. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

I finally read my notice this morning and noticed that the card number they have listed for me on the letter they sent with the notice doesnt match the account number of my providian aria card. Should I be concerned?

5. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Got the same thing-the "you don't qualify for anything" letter. Is this Providian's way of calling me a loser?? :D

6. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

well i know i dont qualify because i think it was for people that had cards and took advantages of some services as of the end of last year. I just got my card three months ago.

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got one - I can get $10 and change credited to my account if I respond, or I'll get a $150 CL increase if I do nothing. Or I can opt out and sue them by myself.

They didn't do anything to me - I haven't had any problems with them.

breeze

8. Maer

Maer Well-Known Member

I received this as well. I just glanced over it and tossed it (I think). I knew it said I didn't have to do anything.
    My question is....I paid for 2 increases (before finding this board of course). Will I get two line increases?

9. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Got one yesterday.

"Please find enclosed a court ordered notice. It is not a solicitation. Providians records show that you do NOT qualify for any of the claim types identified in the Notice. However, you may receive other benefits under the settlement. No claim form is needed."

Didn't bother to read the pamphlet yet. Boy lawyers sure know how to turn you off reading, don't they?

10. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

They do....does anyone think i should call providian since on that document, my account number was listed completely wrong ( as opposed to teh number on my card)?

11. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Ny wife and got one and she fit the bill for cliam #1.

She tossed the whole thing out. Can anybody here look up what cliam #1 is about?

Best regards,
    Sam

12. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Dang, Sam. I told you I didn't want to read this crap! ;)

Here's Claim 1:

Customers who had Credit Protection in the past, but no longer have Credit Protection.

13. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Hope, sorry about that! At the very least you have done a good deed for the day.

Best regards,
    Sam

14. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

NO, I got the same thing. I just means we didn't pay for any credit limit raises or any of the other fees they charged. We had good enough credit to not be included in the lawsuit stuff.

We are NOT losers.