Clean up/Need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by CR, Apr 26, 2001.

1. CR

CR Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I need some advice. Here is my picture:

Cap 1 $ 200.00 limit (opened 06/99)
    Cap 1 $1400.00 limit (opened 09/00)
    Cap 1 $ 200.00 limit (opened 12/00) Kmart card
    FCNB $ 525.00 limit (opened 02/00) part secure
    Aria $ 500.00 limit (opened 11/00)
    Target $ 200.00 limit (opened 04/01)
    Chevron $ 300.00 limit (opened 10/00)
    AT&T Cell $ no limit (opened 07/00)
    Auto loan (opened 05/00)

All these items appear on my reports as Paid as Agreed. Have some items I am trying to pay in exchange for removal (collections for med bills -- old). I won't be applying for anything else anytime soon (although someone suggested Orchard to me a while back...any thoughts?) I am considering closing the Cap 1 Kmart card and FCNB (post office never delivered my payment 11/00 and FCNB states that they will not increase me for 12-18 months because of this). I was planning on closing the $200.00 Cap 1 card, BUT it is my oldest and I can use it to pay my AOL bill every month and save the extra $5.00 I get charged for having it come out of my checking acct every month. What do you guys think? Last I checked my FICO was 593 (prior to Target).

Thanks for you help.
    CR

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You certainly cant close the oldest trade.

Your score is not good at all, and you are lucky to have such positive trades.

You need to continue to pay as agreed and work on deletions.

Hire Junum?

Then after more time has past and each account is 6 months ask for credit line increases.

I combined my capital one accounts. I had 3. I closed 1 and combined the other two.

roni

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Yes, keep your oldest account and combine the CapOne cards. Is Chevron reporting to the Bureaus? And how long did it take for them to start?

Also, work on deletions and get them to agree to removal. Get it in writing. Good luck!