Cleaning up my credit, questio

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Apr 25, 2000.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

Could anyone help me with any of the following three questions?

1. I understand the Statue of Limitations, but what state do you use. I have several 6 and 7 year old credit card bills on my credit report. I lived in PA at the time, I currently live in CA, but the credit card companies are in other states like Delware and NJ and GA. What states SOL counts? Where can I be sued.

2. I was sued in PA while living in CA for college debt incurred while living and going to school in PA (not student loans but monies owed to the University). I didn't even know I was being sued until it was just about over. This was about 3 or 4 years ago and they won a judgement against me. I still get letters from the lawyers and it is on my credit report. Do I have any recourse in this matter?

3. My old University, Drexel U in Philadelphia, was HORRIBLE with paperwork. They lost my student loan information so many times it was ridiculous what I had to go through with that office. And it was a very common complaint. What does it mean, "Proper Loan Certification" as it relates to getting debts off your credit report. Could this apply to me? If so, what should I do about it.

Thank you very much for any help...