Click Citi Card from Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Sep 24, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I just went to the website, www.clickcredit.com and found out Citibank is no longer offering a Click Citi card. Does anyone know what's up with that? I'm currently a card member, but don't want to convert it to a regular card since I'm getting 8.40%APR and cash back! Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I DECIPHER IT TO MEAN...JUST THE WEB SITE IS NOT USABLE...they aren't canceling your card...

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why they don't offer it on their website anymore. I'm hoping they will turn it into a real card with a smart chip that can be used in store instead of just on the internet, mail order, etc.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Rick,

They just aren't issuing any more of them. Just get on of the AAdvantage cards - read the routine on here, and you could end up with a nice citi platinum in addition to the click card.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I can see a question here. When the current card expires (mine expires 08/02) will they send you another Click Citi card? I assume that they will, even though they aren't opening any new accounts.

If they did convert you to platinum, though, there's no reason you couldn't still keep the 8.4% APR. The only benefit that might be in danger is the 1% cash back.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't have any cash back :(
    I guess I got in too late. I love the card though.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

They could easily negate my cash back benefit.

Notice of change of terms...You can refuse by closing the account...Closed account means payments but no more purchases...

8. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I hope they issue it as a Smart Chip card like Amex Blue and the new Target Visa. It will be one of the first Mastercards with a Smart Chip in the USA.