Close First Premier

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dustin, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I know how bad First Premier is, but: My wife applied, not thinking she would get approved, but she did. She got the card (she is a money spending freak...:( ), and found out about all the fee's. I told her that she shouldn't have applied for it. So now she doesn't want it. She listed me as an authorized user. Ok. Now for my questions:

1. We really want to close the account. But, won't a newly opened account being closed look bad on a report and/or if leaving it open with no/little balance be better (for at least a year, anyway).

2. Has anyone had any luck getting any of the fee's waived (annual, participation, acceptance, additional card, etc...)

3. Just a word of advice: NEVER EVER EVER EVER get this card. It sucks. If you can't get credit, maybe (but think about it REAL hard!). IT REALLY SUCKS!

Thank you for your time and for reading this post! :)

Have a great day!

Dustin

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Dustin,

You are right. 1st Premier is Awful! Awful!! Awful!!! The worst of the worst when it comes to Sub prime cards.

Believe me! I know! I allowed myself to get stuck with that card for an entire year! Like you and your wife, when I got it, I was trying to rebuild but I didn't realize just how lousy the terms were until the card arrived.

What I chose to do was grit my teeth and keep the confounded thing for a year. Last March, I had the privilege of calling up and canceling.

By the way, when I canceled, the rep with whom I spoke didn't offer anything to get me to stay. No fee waivers, no increases - Absolutely nothing!

Initially, 1st Premier gave me a $400 limit and, after six months, I paid $25 for a $100 increase. Then, at about 11 months, I was granted a wopping $50 increase. Of course, this was after a perfect pay history and never maxing out the card. hehehehehe What confidence 1st premier has in their customers! That's why this customer cut up the card!

If you need to rebuild, and can tolerate the terms of this lousy card for a while, you might want to stick it out for a year. Otherwise, I certainly don't blame you if you cancel.

Good luck and let us know.

Donna

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

My wife applied for this card and got it. This was before I knew anything about this board and I didn't know what she was setting herself up for. When it came and I saw the statement for all of the fees, I had her call to cancel.

She gave me the phone because she didn't want to talk to them. When I told them to cancel the account they offered to refund most of the initial fees, but would not get rid of the monthly fee. They said at the time they would do so after a year if I called again.