Closed accounts still being updated

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just spoke with Equifax reagarding closed accounts being reported and updated monthly and why.

The rep stated that even though these accounts are paid in full and closed, as long as these creditors have a subscription to EQuifax, they can continue to update these closed accounts. I asked why would they update if there is NO acitivity. she said if I am still in their datebase then my accounts get updated with all the rest.

So I have 2 options, call them and tell them to stop updating my reports or call them and give them my current address, I think I will take option one.

PS Vj check your email:)

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

So, that's the source of the changing addresses? What a stupid system!!

3. sph88

sph88 Well-Known Member

On the bright side each month that is updated looks like another month of positive history for that tradeline. In my case it is all of the closed and combined Citi accounts.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

This is a very interesting post. I think it proves that the CRA's, despite all their pretensions, don't really maintain a "credit history" about you. Instead, they serve as a conduit for whatever outdated or inaccurate information any creditor chooses to give them in a particular month.