Closed At Credit Grantor's Request

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Quixote, Sep 13, 2001.

1. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

If all other information in a Credit Report tradeline is positive; ie Paid/Never Late (from successful disputes), is it a negative for the Creditor's Steatement block to contain the words above?

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I would say that if it does not effect FICO scores (and I don't know), I would say it definitely will catch some lender's attention requiring explanation.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WIFE HAD 2 OF THEM...PAID/NEVER LATE...but it said "CLOSED BY CREDIT GRANTOR"

DISPUTED BOTH...one removed, second one changed to "CLOSED BY CONSUMER"

4. Quixote

That's the quandary. If it's not harming me, then it's best left alone, because it's classified as a positive tradeline by Experian. If I try to dipute that part of it, there's a better than even chance (by Murphy's Law) that I could end up entirely losing a positive tradeline. I sure don't want that. Thanks for the feedback, BTW.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT IS IN THE POSITIVE SECTION NOT NEGATIVE SECTION...BUT if a PERSON looks at your credit report...THAT ONE THING MAY KILL AN ALREADY APPROVED APPLICATION...

I JUST SAID I (WIFE) CLOSED IT...NOT THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY!!!

6. Quixote

Thanks George! One other, related question: By narrowly disputing just that portion of the tradeline, do I run the risk of negative information being re-inserted (lates, etc.) in that tradeline by causing the creditor to even look at the listing, presuming they bother?