Closed my aria today, here's m

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Dec 14, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

1. Their service sucks. their customer reps are rude. I was placed on hold for long time, their online email system took 6 days for replies.

2. They wouldnt budge on APR or grace period.
    23.99% with no grace, is HIGHWAY robbery. I will not fall victim to such abuse.

3. The limit was lame $250. waste of my time.

4. I was recently approved for capitalone Gold card after having Cap 1 secured for 9 months.

I have 2.5 years till all my poor credit drops off my reports (all 3).

I have over $5000 from citibank and cap 1. That is more than enough to get me in serious trouble for the next 2.5 years. I'm quitting getting any more credit at this time. I realize if i ever get near $5k IN revolving debt, i will need to be severely slapped upside my head.

If anyone catches me applying for anything on here, please remind me i'm stupid and don't need any more credit.

sorry to rant. I feel better now.

2. Newcomer

Newcomer Well-Known Member

RE: Closed my aria today, here

I'm getting ready to call them myself. I have a $500 limit and have had no problems with them, but I'm going to wait and get some prime credit:)

sam wrote:
    -------------------------------
    1. Their service sucks. their customer reps are rude. I was placed on hold for long time, their online email system took 6 days for replies.

2. They wouldnt budge on APR or grace period.
    23.99% with no grace, is HIGHWAY robbery. I will not fall victim to such abuse.

3. The limit was lame $250. waste of my time.

4. I was recently approved for capitalone Gold card after having Cap 1 secured for 9 months.

I have 2.5 years till all my poor credit drops off my reports (all 3).

I have over $5000 from citibank and cap 1. That is more than enough to get me in serious trouble for the next 2.5 years. I'm quitting getting any more credit at this time. I realize if i ever get near $5k IN revolving debt, i will need to be severely slapped upside my head.

If anyone catches me applying for anything on here, please remind me i'm stupid and don't need any more credit.

sorry to rant. I feel better now.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Ok sam

I will keep my eye on you and if you start inquiring about cards and are thinking of applying, I will remind you to JUST SAY NO:)

Mom

4. Michael

Michael Guest

Disagree

I have found Providian/Aria a very good company to work with, and I think their customer Service is Excelent! They always ask you if they have satisfied your needs!

My only gripe is that there is a fee attached to the credit line increases!

5. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Disagree

"My only gripe is that there is a fee attached to the credit line increases!"

The topic of "how to get their increases without paying fees ($99 each)" has been thoroughly discussed here.

A 2-minute negotiation will normally suffice to waive the fee. Unless you make more than $99 in a couple of minutes, you're better off negotiating.

Saar

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My findings....

In regards to *Providian* in general, I have found that their Aria line SUCKS! But there other products (ie Providian Visa Gold, etc.) are FAR better and I can't understand why? My girlfriend has Aria and for the most part, it sorta sucks in regards to terms, service, line increases, etc. But I have the Visa Gold and can't be satisfied enough. I just need to wait a little longer before I negotiate a lower APR, grace period, etc.

7. mt

mt Guest

RE: My findings....

I think it depends on the Aria product that you have. They have 3 different types, platinum, portrait and persona. Persona is the sub-prime line, persona is not that much better, but has a lower % rate and a grace period. As to the person who did not negotiate a lower rate successfully -- I called w/ the same issue earlier this week and they lowered the rate to 16.9%. The card still does not have a grace period, but the rep I spoke to, who by the way was polite and helpful, stated that they are working on a way to transfer cards between product lines so they can do that sort of thing. I agree that the email customer service sucks. The messages are copied and pasted, totally generic and not terribly friendly. Now, on the other hand, the spam sales mail, is totally friendly. 2 cents.

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Disagree

Providian has come a LONG way since I had an account with them. At the time, they were just one baby step up from Cross Country Bank.

Keep in mind that Providian works mostly on the premise that its customers aren't as interested in lower interest rates, grace periods, perks, and such as they are in obtaining more credit. If you spend enough time with them, you'll find that they will offer generous credit limit increases, and they have quite a few ways to profit from them. It's their specialty.

Those who do not need higher credit lines than those offered by Orchard or Capital One probably shouldn't apply for Providian products. As is the case with the prime line of products, there's a card out there to meet most every need. Shop around carefully!