Closed?? Penneys account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 13, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Several years ago (98) I was late on my Penney's card--since I had been late before they effectively "shut down" my account. Last August I called to "turn it back on" and they pulled credit on my husband and myself--and told me no on the phone. It still is officially open, I'm just wondering if they'll ever open it for charges again.
    And since I can't use it and it's showing on my CRs as like a 100-200 Credit line, is it wasting "space" for an open active account? It's one of my very oldest lines so I think it has some value for that and has one 30 day late from 98. Since August I've paid some debt down and off--But is it worth a hard inquiry? Or will they come to me when they've decided I'm worthy again?

Anyone else go thru this before?
  2. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Ann Marie,

I just sent Penneys a letter yesterday that they kind of did the same thing to me.

I closed the account in 1997, and yet they are reporting that THEY closed the account. They are also listing me twice on my TU report.

I called last Sunday to reactivate my account, and they told me that they REVOKED my account. Mind you in the lovely letter that they sent to me, they state:

"Upon your request, we would like to have the privilege of re-opening your account in the future."

So, I said F__K that!!

I don't want them on my report any longer than I have to.