Closing on a home in 12 days!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jazoone, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. jazoone

    jazoone Member

    Need assistance. Closing on my first home in 12 days and got word from the loan officer that I MUST have the following cleared up (meaning proof of payment - etc.) in order to proceed with the loan. I believe I paid the $308 years ago, but am not sure. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    CHICAGO, IL 60602


    Civil claim judgment.

    Status Details:
    This item is scheduled to continue on record until 9-2004.

    Date Filed:
    Claim Amount:

    Date Resolved:
    Liability Amount:

  2. iambroke

    iambroke Well-Known Member

    I know Retailer's National Bank is who my Target Account is thru.

    What was this for?
  3. jazoone

    jazoone Member

    Target/Marshal Fields
  4. iambroke

    iambroke Well-Known Member

    When you paid you must have gotten a receipt. How did you pay for it?
    Checking account statement or check stub, etc??

    Without proof of payment it looks like you won't close. Not sure if calling them is any help. Have you tried that?
  5. snakeman

    snakeman Well-Known Member

    hmmmm....tough choice huh?

    Close on house.....


    Close on house.....


    If your this close to closing, I'm pretty sure you have paid more than 300 already getting this mortgage done.

    Pay it and research later.

  6. lbrown59

    lbrown59 Well-Known Member

    What happens at times with paid judgments
    is the payor fails to get a release from the court.
    When this happens it will still show up as an unpaid judgment even though paid when the CRAs verify with the court because the court has not updated their records with the release.

    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
  7. jazoone

    jazoone Member

    How do I get the payor to get a release from the court?
  8. iambroke

    iambroke Well-Known Member

    I believe to get a release from the court (I may be wrong!) the person holding the judgement (plaintiff) needs to supply the "release of judgement" to the courts. This would be done when you pay it. If I paid it I would have made a requirement be the release was in my hands after payment.

    I just refinanced my home. A loan company which I had a loan with (windows put in my home) and paid off 2 years ago showed up as a lien on my property. The title company called and asked me about it. I had a UCC lien on my property from it. I stated it was paid in full. They contacted the loan company and got a "lien release" and I looked online in our local court records and saw it was now showing up as "lien termination of security." So my assumption is the loan company sent the lien release to the courts after the title company inquired about it to them. It was never in the courts until last month. I know it's not the same as your situation but I would think the person holding the judgement would file a release once it was paid or once you contacted them and they verified it was paid.

    But if you have no proof it was paid then how can you prove it?

    Maybe your best bet is to pay the judgement off and get a release letter from them.

Share This Page