closing orchard credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Dec 22, 2000.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

Has anyone closed their orchard bank credit card account?I intend to so i won't have to pay the 59.00 annual fee on a lousy 300.00 credit limit.The balance will be 0.00 when i close it.Will i have a hard time closing this account?No matter what they offer me i don't want this stupid card anymore!No increase in almost a year.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: closing orchard credit car

Why don't you ask them for a credit line increase?

You'd be suprised, if you've used the card, well what they may offer, if only you ask :)

3. Desmond

Desmond Guest

They only gave me a $100 credit line increase about the 7th mont. And offer me another $100 credit line increase for a $25 fee.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter is considering closing both her Orchard accounts. What I'm worried about is that they will do the same thing they did when she tried to close her Capital One accounts. Capital One offered her some hefty line increases that she couldn't refuse.

While I felt she made a good choice in keeping the Cap One accounts, she really does need to close or combine some accounts because she has WAY too many open. Has anyone had any experience with Orchard's retention department, or do they even have one?

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

No, you will not have a problem. I closed mine right before Thanksgiving, I had a zero balance. They offered me an increase and I think a lower interest rate but I said no thanks.

6. Killer

Killer Guest

Orchard is so tough! I've had this card since May and no increase! I can't wait until May 2000 when I dump them!